PDA

View Full Version : Big Bad Bass Swap CLOSED!

SullyTM
01-08-2007, 10:06 AM
With nearly 400 view and only 5 swappers I am closing this swap. Probably not the time of the year to hold a swap. To make the swap interesting(?) I am proposing those tyers: Me, Darian, David, Mike N and Flycanoe tie up 2 flies. They can be the same bass pattern OR the second fly can be whatever you want to tie! Dry, nymph etc.. I am having fun with Fly Fishing Troubled Waters by Lloyd Gonzales that I may tie up another of his flies :D

Due date is Monday, February 12. Address info is being PM. Remember to send return postage if possible.

Thanks everyone. Thom

Jay Murakoshi
01-08-2007, 09:03 PM
It's CLOSED :(

Actually I should of signed up earlier but I wasn't sure if I could get the flies out in time. I had thoughts of doing the Hairy Crank Bait fly. Oh well, next time

I will be tying this fly at San Mateo in the Fly tying video theater on Friday.

Jay

SullyTM
01-09-2007, 07:09 AM
Jay...If you want to join us I'm more than happy to have you jump in. Yes?

Darian, David, Mike N & flycanoe...If Jay joins us we will go back to ONE pattern for a total of 5 flies. OK with everyone?

Thanks. Thom

SullyTM
01-09-2007, 11:40 AM
Attention swappers...Jay and I are dialoguing and I think I'm going to get him to jump in :D So it'll be 6 swappers...5 flies to be tied. If Jay cannot join in...5 swappers, 4 flies to be tied.

I apologize for any confusion but it seems I picked the wrong time of the year for a swap...

Thanks.

Thom

SullyTM
01-09-2007, 12:01 PM
Jay is joining the swap =D> FINAL instructions! There are 6 swappers. Everyone ties 5 flies. Due date February 12. I have PM'd mailing instructions.

Thanks everyone for your patience.

Thom

Flycanoe
01-09-2007, 12:14 PM
That's great. So, I will tie the olive wooly bugger.

Maybe next time, a post announcing the last call for swappers before closing might be helpful. :)

Hairstacker
01-09-2007, 12:19 PM
Great choice Flycanoe! I ALWAYS carry size 6 olive woolly buggers in my largemouth bass box, and I clearly recall being saved by those things when nothing else (I mean nothing else, including Clousers) worked. The same fly also works great for smallmouth bass. 8)

SullyTM
01-09-2007, 12:41 PM
flycanoe...You're correct! A "last call' headsup was needed. My bad.

An olive wooly bugger is a very nice pattern to have in the fly box.

Thanks. Thom

David Lee
01-09-2007, 01:03 PM
Thom -

Thank you for hosting this one !!

David :D

mike N
01-11-2007, 11:53 PM
So, how many are we tying?

Some one throw me a bone.

MN

mike N
01-11-2007, 11:56 PM
Duh, jsut saw that were are tying 5. Why not tie 7? Everyone gets one from everybody including their own, then we can give a set to Bill as a sign of our appreciation for having such nice site.

MN

SullyTM
01-12-2007, 08:44 AM
Mike...I have no problem with everyone tying 6 flies, however, most swaps I've participated in are conducted in the manner of this swap. For example.6 swappers, 5 flies to be tied. However, I'll leave it up to each participant...If you want one of your own flies to be returned to you...tie up 6 flies. If not, then 5. I'm going to pass on tying extras for Bill. It's something to consider for future swaps...

Thank you.

Flycanoe
01-12-2007, 09:58 AM
I'm looking for an appropriate bass hook to tie my wooly bugger for the swap and I came across the TMC8089. Can any comment if that is a good hook to use for this application, or should I just stick with a streamer hook.

Hairstacker
01-12-2007, 10:07 AM
The TMC8089 is a wide-gapped hook typically used to tie up bass bugs, like deerhair poppers and Dahlberg Divers. A much more typical hook for a woolly bugger is a TMC 5263, which is a heavy wire, 3X-long hook. If you are limited to choosing between the TMC 8089 and a streamer hook, I would opt for the streamer hook myself.

mike-n
01-12-2007, 01:44 PM
No worries STM. I will send 6 your way next week. If everyone else only sends 5, you are welcome to keep the extra. I have a few extra for myself as it is.

MN