PDA

View Full Version : good/bad luck

Dustin Revel
01-06-2007, 11:44 PM
I fished the trinity today. the morning started well i landed two fish one hatchery fish and one wild fish. Some time goes by and then my bro hooks up. the fish decides he wants to go back to the klamath, and the fish is finely landed a long ways down stream from where we were fishing.
This is when things start going wrong for Dusty. on the way back up-stream i was wading at about mid thigh level when i decide it would be a good idea to take a fall. I was fully submerged as was my camera and cell phone. cell is not really a big deal or the camera really i was trying to catch my breath from submerging in the forty degree water ( the air was even colder).
When i catch my breath, and realize my waders are full of water and i am soaked from head to toe I decide to take the battery out of the camera, a canon digital rebel xt, and put it in my beanie which was relatively dry. When i get back to my gear upstream I start drying out the electronics and myself. Then i realize my camera battery fell out of my beanie somewhere. I look around for a while then start fishing agin. i make a few casts and my boles float right floats right away.
the swivel broke no big deal, but it was pretty frustrating. right about now i am definately feeling cold, so i decide to change and get something to eat. I go to the store in douglas city and buy a hot dog, a pastrami sandwhich, a piece of carrot cake, and an arizona Iced tea all of which I consumed quite rapidly.
I would post some pictures but my camera is in the oven. oh yeah i didn't loose a single fly, get tangled up, or have to tie a single knot, but i did loose a camera battery, possibly my phone, and possibly my camera.
Dusty

aaron
01-07-2007, 12:01 AM
Hey Dustin I'm headed up there next week. Hows the water conditions and what not?

I had a similar experience there last year...to make a long story short I sat on a rock while changing flies and the rock was icy. Slid right off and into the river.

-Aaron

WinterrunRon
01-07-2007, 12:15 AM
Dusty,

See Mike Churchill's post in the general formum for temporary pain relief.

Sorry to hear of your woes, but who cares! You caught a steelhead... awesome dude! All the stuff that happens in between the bites is minor stuff. But I can relate... more times than I care to remember!

Ron

Jasonh
01-07-2007, 12:18 AM
Dustin, sorry about the camera. A few years back i fell in Trinity with a water temperature of 38. I was trying to get into a raft in a little deeper water than i should have and i slipped and fell and drifted about 50 yards dwonstream before i could get my feet under me. Scarry stuff. That is why it is so important to be careful and wear a wading belt. Luckily my wader did not fill. Hoefully the camera will dry out and work for ya.

Aaron, BTW sweet picture. That might be one of the best college football games i have ever seen. And i hate OU.

Dustin Revel
01-07-2007, 12:26 AM
thanks guys I think the camera will work, but i won't know until the battery gets here. I definately have a good start in the steelhead department.