PDA

View Full Version : Christmas gurgler from Venus

DonCooksey
01-02-2007, 09:26 PM
In what has apparently become a Christmas tradition, the granddaughter requested that I tie a large toy fly for her to play with. She specifies the colors, materials (after pawing through my supplies) and general design (she likes dragonflies, mostly), and I have to come up with something that is durable enough to last for at least a few days of abuse (after cutting the hook off, of course). Here is this year's result, along with a pose with the designer. I was told that insects on Venus have at least 12 legs, or that the trout there can't count any better there than those here on Earth. She wanted the legs hanging down, inspired by a character from the 2nd Pirates of the Caribbean movie.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/DonCooksey/ChristmasGurgler.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/DonCooksey/ChristmasGurgler2.jpg

And yes, the wine was mine - not hers.

k.hanley
01-02-2007, 09:52 PM
That's a terrific smile there on your granddaughter. Oh yes, and the fly looks perfect Don.
Cheers, Ken

SteelieD
01-02-2007, 10:35 PM
Too cool. What a cutie!

SteelieD
01-02-2007, 10:36 PM
Too cool. What a cutie!

Darian
01-02-2007, 10:49 PM
Hey Don,.... Didja ever see the "B" movie, Zontar, Thing from Venus" :?: :?: :?: Better be careful, that thing is headed for your grand daughters head.... :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:

David Lee
01-02-2007, 11:36 PM
A beautiful little girl and a fly that will fish , if ya threw it .....

I like this thread !

David :D

Ed Wahl
01-03-2007, 07:59 PM
Very nice Don. You can't not smile back at that picture. What a cutie. Ed

DonCooksey
01-03-2007, 08:25 PM
I guess I missed that movie classic, Darian. The grandkid often behaves like she is from another planet, however. Fly tying demonstrations seem to calm her down, so maybe there is hope someday of a new fly fisher in the family. My bet is on her 4-month-old brother, though. At his present growth rate, he should be able to wade the American in a year or so.