PDA

View Full Version : Fly Fishing Christmas Presents!

12-26-2006, 11:35 PM
Hi Folks,

Hope everybody had a very nice Christmas with their families, friends and loved ones :) . I know I certainly did. I received a number of nice gifts that I can put to use for upcoming fly fishing ventures right away. I can always count on my Mother buying my fishing license for me every year and what a nice git that is. I am always ready to start legally fishing before the new year even gets here.

My wife knows how much I love fly fishing and always gets me a number of things I can use right away for my trips. We were at Kiene's the other day and I saw some really nice looking redington rain jackets on sale I liked. She picked one up for me later to put under the tree along with a $50 dollar gift certificate, awesome! See you at the shop soon Bill! Last but not least, she picked me up a pair of shorts that say "all about trout" and have pictures of fish on them with the question "Feeling lucky?" Hey I always feel lucky :D !

All in all, a really nice Christmas for all of us in the family being together to celebrate this very special day. I have plans for a couple striper trips to the delta in the next couple weeks and maybe a steelhead trip to boot in January also. How about the rest of you guys and gals, care to share what you got for Christmas?

Best Wishes for for a great New Year to all :) !

Bill

JerryInLodi
12-27-2006, 09:36 AM
Hey Bill, my wife's daughter bought me a hat and shirt monogramed with, "No Nonsense, Capt. Jerry" I love 'em. I'll wear them when we go out next time.

As for my wife and I, we went to K-Mart and bought each other a new fishing license. She even claims she's going to go fishing in the delta next week, something I'll have to see to believe since she normally never picks up a rod unless we're 1,000 miles further south.

My nephew gave me a great Cabela's fishing jacket.

And Maxima mailed me three hats and five shirts!

Sturmer White
12-27-2006, 12:58 PM
"NO NONSENSE_CAPT. JERRY"
Sounds cool! It pays to advertise.
Good luck getting your wife out.

JerryInLodi
12-27-2006, 01:11 PM
Sturmer, If I get her out there I'll take pictures just to prove it!

Merry Christmas, I hope all's well with you and yours.

FYI I bought some official Puglisi materials to tie some bluegill patterns. They should arrive around the 1st. I wish I had the master around to teach me!

Ed Wahl
12-27-2006, 07:42 PM
Santy brought me a new Regal vise. Yippee!

john
12-28-2006, 11:18 AM
Jamie Howard's Chasing Silver DVD. 2+ hours of temporary heaven.

MSP
12-28-2006, 01:06 PM
Santa brought me the FLU :-({|=

David Lee
12-30-2006, 10:44 AM
Pretty sparce under the tree for me this year .

A bottle of Bushmills , and a bottle of Macallan .......

Both of which have nothing and everything to do w/ flyfishing and tying .

I can't complain ...... at all .

David :D

SteelieD
12-30-2006, 11:04 AM
...a bunch of fishing stuff for me, the best being a new custom landing net made of walnut with my name engraved on it. :D