PDA

View Full Version : WTB-Norvise

major257
12-26-2006, 07:04 AM
If anyone has a new or used Norvise laying around I am interested.

jbird
12-26-2006, 09:18 AM
This guys always got one or two. About 3/4 down the page.

http://www.tradenstuff.com/GearList.htm

J

Jay Murakoshi
12-26-2006, 11:21 AM
If I can find it, I have a Nor-vise sitting around here somewhere collecting dust. Norm Norlander has just sent me his new vise that he will be marketing this year at the shows. It's called the "Adjustable Nor-Vise"
This is something that Norm and myself have been working on and finally came to a decision.

The old standard nor-vise has the large black shaft that connects to a table top or board. But since I tied on an arm extension and my vise is almost at knee level, he made me up a vise that will now be adjustable.
He has taken the standard shaft and cut it. Then he took and made a 3/8" shaft to fit on any pedal or "C" clamp. It's hard for me to explain in words what this thing looks like. Later today, I will take a photo and post it on the board. It's a pretty neat setup.

I've been talking to Bill and he might stock a couple in the shop. The Nor-vise takes some getting use to but once you master the technique, you can definitly tie faster, especially nymphs, wooly buggers. I can tie up my warm water and carp flys pretty quick.

Norm will be at all the Fly Fishing show only. I don't thing he will be doing the ISE shows. If you're going to the San Mateo show, stop by the Fishabout booth and I will show you the vise.

Need more info, drop me an email

Jay