PDA

View Full Version : How Old Were

Jay Murakoshi
12-24-2006, 11:53 PM
you when you found out that there wasn't a Santa Claus. I must of been around 9 or 10 years old. No one told me, I discovered it myself. Back in my young'n days, my mom was a single parent because my dad had died from cancer when I was five. So I grew up pretty much on my own. My mom worked but only part time so she could be home with me as much as possible just to keep my butt out of trouble. At the young age, I learned how to make beef stew, bake cakes, wash and iron clothes etc..... I also found out that there wasn't a santa claus when I went snooping one day through the closet. Tucked way back in the corner, I found something I always wanted - a Daisy BB gun. On the days that she went to work, I would pull it out and shoot about 50 rounds in the back yard, then clean it up and put it back. Then on Christmas when it was under the tree, it said "from Santa" yeah right. I was more excited to see what was in the stocking. Back then, it was things like Old Maid cards, a few small games and oranges and apples. Hell, today there's Ipod's, CD's, DVD's, cell phones, etc.....
My grand daughter comes for christmas every year. She is now 10 years old and I think it's time to tell her that Santa is like the Easter bunny, it's pa pa. But my wife threat'ns to kick my butt if I even say anything. :(
Oh well, have a good christmas

Jay

jbird
12-25-2006, 12:01 AM
Jay

My son just finished writing his letter to santa and even put the cookies and milk out for him. He's 13 years old!!! My wife insists on keeping the magic alive as long as possible. He's a really sharp kid and I think he is clinging on to hope, just to cling on...because it's the magic of "maybe " that keeps the butterflies in his stomach. I think the rational side of him knows the truth, but his young spirit has to believe. Its really quite precious...these days wont last.

Jay

Dustin Revel
12-25-2006, 12:17 AM
you mean there isn't a santa :( :( well its news to me.

Jay Murakoshi
12-25-2006, 12:19 AM
Dustin,

What are you doing up? You're suppose to be having sugar plums dancing in your head, in hope that St. Nick will soon be there -
Ahhh, what's that I hear :shock:

Merry Christmas

Jay

Brad Blancett
12-25-2006, 02:31 PM
I was 7 I got up to use the restroom and Bam Santa Mom was caught red-handed.

On another note I dress up as Santa every year for a Church that brings in under privileged kids from a few cities. All the kids have a parent or both parents Missing , Incarcerated or ??? So I have about 250 to 300 little one that get to sit on Santa's lap and make their Christmas wish. Each child makes a list when they are signed up. Then they receive a gift from their list From Santa. This brings a few tears now and then to here the Horror Stories these little one have had to endure. It is also overwhelming to see the Smiles and Thank You so much Santa Letter's that I have received.

Brad Blancett
12-25-2006, 06:23 PM
Wish Granted !! But you must fish More

And you are not sitting my lap Buddy !! LOL

Merry Xmas Carl !!

JerryInLodi
12-25-2006, 11:40 PM
Carl, how many days fishing is that? The price sounds incredible. Does it include meals? I'm sure airline tickets are extra.

sculpin
12-27-2006, 01:40 PM
Sheesh . You mean there isn't a Santa . :crybaby: