PDA

View Full Version : Link

sculpin
12-22-2006, 08:20 AM
I picked up this link on another site .Check out the flies on this site . This guy makes my flies look sooo baaaad .
http://www.solarexpert.com/fishing/more-fly-tying.html

Bill Kiene semi-retired
12-22-2006, 10:16 AM
That guy is very good..........thanks.

jbird
12-22-2006, 06:20 PM
Mark

Thats truly amazing! I've never seen anything even close to that. Thanks for the link.

Jay

Adam Grace
12-23-2006, 12:48 AM
Those look very realistic but only a few are ACTUALLY tied, a closer term would be modeled or glued.

I give that artist much respect for making those "flies" look extremely life-like but it bugs me when people call them "tied"

SteelieD
12-23-2006, 02:18 AM
Those are almost creepy, they are so real. I can't imagine actually casting some of those!

jbird
12-23-2006, 09:41 AM
I would like to go thru that guys garbage (Wow...that just sounded wierd :shock: ) I bet the flies he rejetcs and tosses out look about 467 times better than the ones I tie. :evil: :D

Jgoding
12-27-2006, 09:31 AM
Actually he does tie his flies and he has some pretty decent step by steps if you know where to find them. He's also a very nice guy and will give you any tips you want if you want to start tying realistics. It's kind of hard to imagine actually tying something like that but once you see the techniques for the actual process it's rather straightforward.

Jeff

Darian
12-27-2006, 10:15 AM
All of these flies are truly art.... If I were to fish one of 'em, I would be devastated if it was lost or ruined.

The other side of the two edged sword is, I don't think I have the patience to spend the time necessary to tie one of those. As Jeff said, nearly all of us have the skills if we take the time to analyze the process.... Practice, practice, practice.... 8) 8) 8)

SullyTM
12-27-2006, 09:00 PM
Sculpin...I know Graham and he is an excellent tyer. He's has to be one of the most humble guys I've gotten to know. He's always willing to help out regardless if it's a realistic or traditional fly. I dabble in realistic tying...mostly fishable realistics. If you can get your hands on Fly-Fishing Pressured Water by Lloyd Gonzales it's a book I reference for fishable realistic patterns.

BTW...Did you check out Graham's New York State brown trout trip? There should be a link? It's an annual trip and monster browns are caught by all!

Realistic fly tying has made me a better "traditional" tier. Well, except for deer hair. I still more mess than fishable flies :lol:

Later...

Hairstacker
12-27-2006, 09:27 PM
Thom, I was waiting for you to pipe in, as I know you've been tying some of these things. The pictures of the realistics I've seen you tie make deer hair look like child's play -- we're going to have to get together one of these days, somewhere, and do some deer hair.