PDA

View Full Version : Caught this guy on Tuesday

PaulC
12-21-2006, 05:05 PM
Newborn size binky's seem to be what he was hitting.
I know...its totally synthetic, but rabbit fur binky's don't seem appropriate.
Weighed in at 7lbs 13 oz. Can't wait to get him on some of the small streams in the sierras and the surf eventually.
Named after the Persian emperor Darius (or Daryush in farsi).
Definitely going to be a busy christmas and wish all you folks the best for the new year. Get some fishing in for me!
-Paul

Shoot...that 10wt reel is as big as his head. lol.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v715/Cronin/Dariusonthebinky.jpg

David Lee
12-21-2006, 05:27 PM
Welcome to the world , Darius !!

Congrats , Mom and Dad !!

David :D

sacreno
12-21-2006, 05:36 PM
Newborn size binky's seem to be what he was hitting.
I know...its totally synthetic, but rabbit fur binky's don't seem

Does this fall into fly fishing with beads?...LOL

Congrats!!! Hope all is well and continues. I have a 14 month and we have been blessed. Get ready for no sleep! I forgot what that was.

G/L to you and the wife

Steve

Hairstacker
12-21-2006, 05:44 PM
Congratulations Paul!! :D

Katz
12-21-2006, 05:50 PM
Congrats!!!

Can you take one of the "classic" hand shots for us. 8) :lol:

Don't let the wife see you taking that photo though.

Kraig

Matt Frey
12-21-2006, 06:09 PM
Congratulations!

SteelieD
12-21-2006, 06:49 PM
Very nice! Get some sleep!!

SteelieD
12-21-2006, 06:50 PM
Very nice! Get some sleep!!

Darian
12-21-2006, 06:51 PM
Hey Paul,.... Congrats!!!! That's a great catch. Now the real work starts.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Adam Grace
12-21-2006, 11:46 PM
Congrats Paul!

How hard did he fight?

Bill Kiene semi-retired
12-22-2006, 01:38 AM
Being a father and now grandfather I now tell the youngsters that you have to have kids first if you are ever going to have grand kids.

That's a beautiful little guy you have there.

sculpin
12-22-2006, 07:27 AM
Congratulations Paul . Take the time to enjoy every minute you have with him because it will seem like in the blink of the eye he will be leaving home .

Mark

jbird
12-22-2006, 08:18 AM
Paul

Congratulations! What a blessing. There is no greater joy than being a father. Thanks for sharing with us.

Jay

PS Thats a strange and expensive mobile you got him :wink: :D

OregonSalmon
12-22-2006, 12:34 PM
Paul,
One heck of a Christmas present.

That is the best newborn picture ever. Putting the tyke next to the rod is fantastic!!! You ought to put a marker on your rod so when the dandy grows up he can visualize his younger days.

Wednesday Caster
12-24-2006, 06:09 AM
Christmas Joy indeed. :)
Peace- well, you'll get that in about 18 years.
Congrats!

klanzel
12-24-2006, 02:30 PM
A couple of angling questions on your impressive catch. First, what size binky was it and was it beaded or use any weight? Second, how did you ever make the cast to catch that one???? ;-) Best of all congratulations on your fine catch and true blessing.

Merry Christmas and God bless,
KL

PS- We'll give you a break on the catch and keep. No gutting this catch though (but I'm sure there will be a bunch of cleaning...diapers that is).

12-24-2006, 08:56 PM
Congratulations Paul to you and your wife :) ! What a wonderful Christmas present for the two of you. We were also blessed with a Christmas baby 23 years ago that we will be celebrating a birthday for Dec 27. Darius will always be a special Christmas bonus for you and your wife!

Best Wishes!

Bill

PaulC
01-03-2007, 08:18 PM
Thanks guys for all the kind words.
Sleep is definitely a commodity at this point, although we have more problems waking him up to eat than anything.

Definitely looking forward to the process and getting another generation out there on the water. Still have some of my great grandfather's wet flies. Would be great to get his first fish on the fly using one of those.
I know this is far in advance, but how did you guys get your kids out there fishing? Start with conventional, catching fish for em and then go from there?
Hope everyone had a great new year!
-Paul

Hairstacker
01-03-2007, 10:21 PM
Hey Paul, don't stress out about him eating, young babies will definitely let you know when they're hungry. :lol:

With young kids fishing, it's all about catching fish. I would definitely start out conventional and pick a sure thing with visual stimulation, like fishing for bluegill with bobbers and worms. You want them to get hooked on fishing before they erroneously conclude it's boring.

sculpin
01-03-2007, 10:32 PM
Paul
I have 3 sons that have grown up and left the nest . I found with kids to take them someplace where they will catch fish quickly . Most of the time I took them to a bluegill pond and brought a big cooler and a can of worms along . When they caught a fish we would throw them in the cooler full of water . After a short while the youngest would usually just play with the fish in the cooler while the older boys would replentish it . We would throw the tired ones back as we went along. I didn't flyfish then but all my sons like to fish . It seems my oldest Grandson was born liking fish.

Mark
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v382/Sculpin/mypicturees031.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v382/Sculpin/mypicturees041.jpg

Darian
01-03-2007, 10:43 PM
Hi Paul,.... I found that fishing with kids is all about what ever they want to do.... That sometimes means that they don't want to fish but will explore.... So, when that occurs, put the rod down and do what they want.... 8) 8) It's not easy for a little guy to wait for a fish to bite....

My son liked to hike the bank and look for crawdad's or frogs or whatever. We even netted waterborn insects to show him the monsters that he was swimming with. :lol: :lol: He fishes with flies and gear, now.... 8) 8)

I envy your opportunity to bring your young'un thru this time.... :) :) :)