PDA

View Full Version : NEW IN THE BOX Hardy PERFECT REEL $425.00****SOLD*****

Bill Kiene semi-retired
12-20-2006, 01:02 PM
Carl,

You might sell that on eBay as it it worth a lot of money, $500 and up?

Having a new reel with the box and papers is big too.

Is it RH or LH crank?

New 2007 Hardy 'LRH' reels are now $495 USD in the USA. That is the least expensive of the old series of reel.

bigtj
12-20-2006, 01:55 PM
Carl,

You might try selling your reel here:

http://p205.ezboard.com/fclarksclassicflyrodforumflytackleforsaletradewant ed

Honest folks over there. You could try asking for an appraisal first under the "appraisal" area. I agree with Bill it could be worth $500 or more.

BTW I hear what Bill is saying about e-bay but I've got to warn anybody interested in e-bay there are several pitfalls in using their services. Lately I have been getting "phishing" e-mails trying to get personal information that I would never have gotten had I not signed up for e-bay. Overall, I really question wheter e-bay is "worth it" or not.

Good luck,

-John

PS Bill aren't the LRH's more like $275?

PPS Kaufmann's has their LRH's listed for $325, maybe there was a price increase??

bigtj
12-20-2006, 03:19 PM
Fair enough Carl. Would you like me to post over there directing attention to your reel for sale? It would only take me a second and it might generate some interest.

-John

bigtj
12-20-2006, 06:53 PM
No problem, I posted it:

http://p205.ezboard.com/fclarksclassicflyrodforumflytackleforsaletradewant ed

Best regards,

-John

12-20-2006, 08:55 PM
Hi Carl,

The value of your reel depends on if it has a lineguard or not and if so,
wheather it's brown ceramic or agate.

Regards,

Bob
Fly Supplies
aflyshop.com

slimfishin's
12-21-2006, 12:27 AM
That link that BigTJ mentioned was just the ticket for that vintage Winston I just posted here. Gone in 1 hour. I would highly recommend it for your Hardy, as I think it is THE perfect place for such an item. Don't even bother with the hassle of Ebay - I think it's much better on these types of forums.

SF

Bill Kiene semi-retired
12-21-2006, 12:41 AM
I forgot to mention that in 1965 when I started working at 'Arden Sports Unlimited' in Sacramento the new Hardy 'Perfect's were $37.50 USD.

The Pflueger 'Medalist' fly reels were about $12.00 USD.

Gasoline was 25 cents a gallon too. It's about $2.50 today????

Of coarse I was making $1.25/hour.

12-21-2006, 07:01 AM
> My hardy reel has a line guard, its brown, I sent you a picture, thanks

Hi Carl,

Pic received. The brown lineguard is the least valuable as collectors go after the agate models. It's also the last generation except for the recent reproductions so as perfects go, not that old. LH would be way more valuable, even with brown ceramic lineguard. Also smaller is more valuable. I would say $300-$350 would be about right for your reel. For comparison, a very nice 3 1/8" Perfect, RH, agate lineguard, failed to even reach $400 on eBay recently.

Regards,

Bob
Fly Supplies
aflyshop.com

bigtj
12-22-2006, 12:37 PM
Carl,

Did you seel your reel yet? I might be interested if the price is in the $300-$350 range.

Best regards,

-John