PDA

View Full Version : Checking in

Flycanoe
12-11-2006, 05:23 PM
Hi everyone. Just wanted to check in to say that I've been reading your board for several months now and I think it's great. I've really learned a lot about fly fishing and have even tied a few flies mentioned here.

Although I now live in Santa Clara county, I grew up near Modesto, attended school at UC Davis and have relatives in Sacramento. So I visit the central valley quite a bit from Sac down to Modesto and I am looking forward to fishing those areas more in the future.

I really love fishing the sierras and I have a canoe that I use for lakes up there. It works great for 2 people, usually me and my teenage son, and it's rigged with a motor and side floats for stability so I can cast standing up.

Thanks for the great forum and look forward to learning more and posting my reports in the future.

David Lee
12-11-2006, 05:44 PM
WELCOME !

Great to have you here !!!!

David :D

Hairstacker
12-11-2006, 06:43 PM
Welcome aboard!! :)

lee s.
12-11-2006, 08:26 PM
Welcome. Bluegrass Bill is another canoe man. :thumbsup:

Bill Kiene semi-retired
12-11-2006, 09:58 PM
I was up in British Columbia a few summers ago and saw many canoes on top of cars up there.

I have had a 17' and now a 15' Coleman 'plastic' canoe. They are the 'tumble home' or 'cottage canoe' style and very nice for fishing.

I see more canoes and kayak every year in fly fishing.

Welcome to the board.

12-11-2006, 10:35 PM
Howdy Flycanoe and Welcome!

There are some really friendly folks on this board. As Lee indicated, I am also a canoe fan in addition to being a recent new kayak fan. I've had a canoe for better than 30 years now. I've done major river trips down the John Day river in Oregon, and a few other places as well. Here is a picture of one Old town Tripper on the John Day River!

http://ww1.pureupload.com/stfiles//1373/kids%20with%20Dad%20fishing/john%20day%20fish.jpg

Best Wishes and tight Lines!

SteelieD
12-11-2006, 11:28 PM
Welcome!

Nip Hadlock
12-12-2006, 09:23 AM
Welcome! Post a pic of your canoe all rigged up when you get a chance...I've got one and am looking for ideas! :)

Flycanoe
12-12-2006, 12:44 PM
Welcome! Post a pic of your canoe all rigged up when you get a chance...I've got one and am looking for ideas! :)

OK, I will take some pictures next time I take it out.

Here's a bigger pic of the one I have in my avatar, but I've made several upgrades since then. It's definately a fishing machine now and can handle just about any inland water.

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n59/ldorius/canoe.jpg

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody.