PDA

View Full Version : Question for Jay M.

FISHEYE
12-08-2006, 03:16 PM
Jay-- I have been waiting for you to post how you put the red bead on the clouser. So how did you do it? :?: Phil

Jay Murakoshi
12-08-2006, 11:32 PM
Opps,

Sorry Phil, I've been under the weather with a head cold (caught it on the plane). I've never slept so much in my life and also went to the doctor for the first time in 5 years, except for my surgeries.
The bead is put on by slowly rotating the fly in the vise and applying LOON UV knotsense - red. Don't make a heavy bead. Then I spin it for a few seconds and then hit it with the light. Too really harden it up, I'll place the flies in a foam block and place it outside in the sunlight.

I'm using my Nor-Vise to rotate the fly. It's the only vise I found that spins freely and in a perfect circle. I also use my Renzetti when I do just a few and then can turn the fly with the handle. But the fly has to be centered so there is no up-down, side to side, back and forth motion

I hope to tie the fly and demo it at the San Mateo Show

Jay

FISHEYE
12-10-2006, 12:51 PM
Jay, I don't see a red knot sense on the Loon site. Are you using the red fly paint? Phil

Jay Murakoshi
12-10-2006, 11:15 PM
Hey Phil

You're pretty sharp. It is LOON UV Fly paint RED. Heck, I even had the tube in front of me. I've got a little something in the works right now with the red collar. Gonna work on it a little more before I let out the news, that's if it works.

Jay