PDA

View Full Version : Boat Access on the Yuba

smokeater
12-08-2006, 10:02 AM
Can anyone tell me if the access on the Yuba has changed after the high flows last year?

mark
12-08-2006, 11:12 AM
yeah the access has changed a bit. If you take out at Sycamore, there's an entirely new channel to the right that cuts into their "primitive" takeout.

This channel is marked with a sign, put there by Sycamore so its hard to miss. However, the "ramp" itself at sycamore is pretty weak and needs some serious tractor work but it is usable.

I would make sure you have 4 wheel drive when using this ramp.

Essentially you back your trailer down the creek bed to get the boat back onto it and it creates a pretty steep angle. Its been a while since I have last been there, maybe 2 months so if anyone else has any more recent comments, please feel free to correct me.

Hope this helps.

-MK

P.S. Sycamore doesn't do shuttles anymore either but I believe there are people in the area who will do them for you from what I have heard.

smokeater
12-08-2006, 11:12 PM
Mark, do you suggest 4x4 just to pull a trailer up the ramp or do you need a 4x4 just to get to the take out? We will probably be using craft that can be handjacked up the bank.

mark
12-09-2006, 12:19 PM
You wont need 4 wheel drive to get to the sycamore takeout, only on the ramp will you need it.

However, at the put in, depending on where you put in, you will definitely need 4 wheel drive on the gravel bar...... unless you can drag your boat from the road to the river.

Hope this helps.....

-MK