PDA

View Full Version : Holly Cow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rob
12-05-2006, 08:56 PM
:shock: :shock: :shock:

This is a picture of a sturgeon caught on the willamate river just below oregon city Oregon. It weighed just over1000 pounds was 11ft 1 inch and was 56 inches in girth. It took 6 hours to reel him in. This fish is a catch and release because he is over the size limmit.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/rgkempton/everthing%20else/fisk.jpg

sculpin
12-05-2006, 09:01 PM
Whoa, das a big feesh . :shock:

I like your flag monicker.

Mark

slimfishin's
12-06-2006, 08:58 PM
I hate to break it to you, but that picture is a bit of an urban legend. That fish was actually caught in the Frasier River in BC well over a year ago. It has been making the rounds across the internet - don't believe everything you read.

SF

David Lee
12-06-2006, 09:14 PM
Nice !!

What fly .... ??

David :P

Bill Kiene semi-retired
12-06-2006, 10:28 PM
Great Rob...

I remember that there was a picture of a big Sturgeon in the news paper when I was a youngster (50 years ago) and they did not even know what it was?

They was a quote under the picture, "Do you know what kind of fish this is?"

Joe Patterson, our retired Cortland Line Company Rep, use to work for the CA DF&G over 50 years ago. He has a photo of a Sturgeon that they trapped that was 1,200#. I think about 8 guys were sitting on it.

I will see if I can get that photo.

bigtj
12-07-2006, 01:38 PM
I'm sorry but that just doesn't look like fun to me. I'm not saying someone else shouldn't enjoy it, I'm just saying I definitely wouldn't.

jbird
12-07-2006, 06:12 PM
Not even on your 4 wt John? C'mon, Wheres your adventurous spirit? :D :wink:

J

bigtj
12-07-2006, 06:26 PM
Now that would be fun...watching a 4-wt explode on a 1,200 lb sturgeon. The only catch is I'd have to wear goggles and a protective suit to avoid being impaled by graphite shards. At least the fight would be over quickly. :D

Rob
12-11-2006, 11:24 PM
Frasier River in BC or Oregon it is still a BIG fishy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OregonSalmon
12-12-2006, 07:43 AM
Heard a story of some guys working on Bonneville Dam. Had the full on diving bell gear. One day the ground gave way making them quite nervous. Turns out the they had been standing on a huge sturgeon!!! Don't know if those boys ever went back down.

Darian
12-12-2006, 08:41 AM
There's a photo of a 1,500 pound Sturgeon, dead on the bank, taken in the Snake River, near Payette, Idaho on page 9 of the book, Steelhead Fly Fishing and Flies by Trey Combs. This book is an older paperback (copyrighted in 1976).

In the photo, a man is standing next to the Sturgeon. Looks like this fish could've swallowed him.... :? :? Can't recall where I read it, but miners in along the Snake in Idaho who caught small Sturgeon would tether them to the bank, fatten 'em up, slaughter and eat 'em.... MMM, MMM.... Good eatin'. 8) 8) 8)