PDA

View Full Version : Proposed Kienes Fishouts for 2007 .....

David Lee
12-05-2006, 09:52 AM
Hi all -

I talked w/ Bill yesterday at the shop while buying stuff (yup . more stuff :evil: ) . Bill mentioned that we should do more get-togethers like the Delta Bass-Bug Fishout ..... without the 114 degree heat , of course :P .

Times and places that came up were ....

Late Feb./early March , Rancho Seco , Trout/Bass combo

June , floattube madness @ Cameron Park pond , Bass/Sunfish

October , Delta, Stripes/Bass/Sunnies

We think that a few months notice will give everybody time to carve the plans in stone , so to speak . These Fishouts will be hosted , likely w/ a BBQ/chatter host . Clinics , Flytying , and such things will also be an option .

Since the Delta Fishout last year was such a great get-together , we need to do this more often .... let's hear YOUR thoughts on the subject :!: :!:

David :D

Sturmer White
12-05-2006, 10:38 AM
David
Put me down for SECO. If you get very many sign up for Camron Park,it could be too small a lake ?? Every thing else looks good to me.
Sturm

David Lee
12-05-2006, 10:53 AM
If you get very many sign up for Camron Park,it could be too small a lake ??

THAT'S the kind of input we're looking for , Sturmer !! I think CP will hold at least 25-35 people ....... since we're all part of the same group , I think it would work O.K. . I think most would be 'rotating' between BBQing , rigging , fishing , etc. - so there likely wouldn't be 25 on the water at the same time .

The crowding issue would keep most streams/rivers off the list of Fishout spots - Can you imagine 25 guys on our Smallmouth creek ?!?

Thanks for the input !!

Hairstacker
12-05-2006, 11:07 AM
Sounds good to me! If the Delta outing is held in October, I would suggest it be held at the very beginning of that month, no later, in order to maximize topwater opportunities. The last two weeks of September through the 1st week of October can simply be MAGICAL out there, with opportunities to catch both largemouths and stripers on the surface in perfect weather.

SullyTM
12-05-2006, 11:32 AM
...do inflatable kayaks work on the inland ponds/lakes mentioned?

Thanks.

Hairstacker
12-05-2006, 11:41 AM
Thom!! Where have you been? I was getting ready to send you an e-mail to make sure you hadn't died. :lol: Have you had a chance to take that kayak out yet?

David Lee
12-05-2006, 11:44 AM
...do inflatable kayaks work on the inland ponds/lakes mentioned?

Thanks.

THOM !!!!!!!!!

About time you showed up , I was gettin' ready to put your photo on a milk-carton !! Where'ya been at ???

The answer is .... YES ! An inflatable will do fine at the lakes/ponds , but should be used w/ caution on the Delta . The Delta's a bit frightening (for me , anyways ....) .

Bill Kiene semi-retired
12-05-2006, 11:44 AM
We could have a LMB outting in May on the Delta too.

That is KD's favorite month.

Hairstacker
12-05-2006, 11:55 AM
May sounds good to me Bill! A MUCH shorter wait. :lol:

SullyTM
12-05-2006, 11:57 AM
D'...let's just say I've used up all of my healthcare flexible spending and vacation time.

Mike...soon :wink:

Later...

Hairstacker
12-05-2006, 12:17 PM
Well Thom, here's hoping you used it mostly for a sabbatical, i.e., a respite from the daily grind.

David, I'd be remiss if I didn't hasten to add that I'm game for that Rancho Seco trip too! I've seen pictures of some NICE fish that have come out of there. The Cameron Park trip will have to be a wait-and-see for me, as I have another "event" coming up in that month.

dtp916
12-05-2006, 04:26 PM
I'm not much of a bass fisherman, but very willin to learn :D

I'm down to slay bass with topwater bugs :evil: :evil: :evil:

Terry Thomas
12-05-2006, 06:53 PM
Sounds good to me as well.
T.

Jasonh
12-05-2006, 07:03 PM
So where's the steelhead fishout? Looks like i am going to have to pull out a bass rod for one of these! Should be fun.

12-05-2006, 10:05 PM
Hey David,

All those fishouts sound great to me and I would try to make em all :) . There are just lots of nice folks on this board that are fun to hang out and fish with.

Saw your offer to host another fly tying session this Saturday. I would like to do that again the band has me busy that day. We are recording in the morning/early afternoon and playing that night in West Sac. All fun stuff though :)

Best Wishes and Merry Christmas!

Bill