PDA

View Full Version : 'Tis the Season

Jay Murakoshi
12-04-2006, 07:04 PM
to beware of what's happening around you. Now that the Christmas season is here, people are in a hurry to get off work, grocery shop and then try to get in some Christmas shopping.
Just a little bit ago, I went grocery shopping. I grabbed a cart that this lady had left in the lot. I knew she was in a hurry just by the way she backed out and took off like a bat outof Hell. One thing, when I went to get the cart to use, she had left her wallet in the kids seat section.
So I checked it out and my eyes just about fell out of my head when I opened it up. There had to be at least $3,000.00 in $100.00 bills, plus credit cards out the butt and a check book. I threw it in my truck behind the drivers seat and went shopping. When I came back out the store, there was this lady going through every shopping cart in the rack. She frantically asked the bagger who was collecting carts if he had seen a black wallet. When I said "I did" she looked at me like a worn out person.

On the way out to the car, I told her that I did look in the wallet to look for ID and a phone number and I just about choked when I saw all those hundred dollar bills. If I had had my cell phone I would of called her right a way. She had just gone to the bank, cashed in a Christmas savings, stopped to shop for the family and then was going to Christmas shop. But in her haste, she wasn't thinking. It was dark so you couldn't see the wallet where it was at. She couldn't stop talking and thanking me how much she appreciated what I did.

It would of been so easy to keep the cash and throw away the credit cards and check book. Hey, $3,000.00 could of bought a great trip. But I've been in her shoes before. I didn't lose that amount of money, but what a hassle to cancel cards, get a new drivers license and whatever elsd. She offered me a $100.00 for my honesty. I told her I don't need it and donate it to a needy family or some charity.

So the morrow of this story is too slow down, smell the Starbucks :D and make life a little easier during the holidays

Jay

Hairstacker
12-04-2006, 07:12 PM
The other lesson of this story is that you are a true man of character and decency Jay. You probably saved her entire Christmas season, as well as the kids', if any. . . . 8) 8) 8)

k.hanley
12-04-2006, 08:11 PM
Dang decent of you buddy. I knew you had it in you! :D

Bill Kiene semi-retired
12-04-2006, 08:40 PM
That was a great story.

She is lucky you found it and not a person that doesn't care about others.

I also believe we need to be careful driving now with people in a big hurry going from store to store.