PDA

View Full Version : Furimsky's bait fish

mems
12-03-2006, 02:03 PM
Aloha, have any of you guys tried Chuck Fruimsky's patterns? I went for some inshore action this morning. I got a bunch of barracuda and papio on his Rainfish pattern. It has this bugskin material and flashes like a small bait fish. Everything was fine until an ulua came and whacked the fly and then made a run and broke me off. What a great fly for fish that are chasing minnows. You should give it a try, Mems.

jbird
12-03-2006, 06:48 PM
Hey Don. Sounds like a fun time you had! Can you post or point us to a picture of this pattern?

Jay

Jay Murakoshi
12-03-2006, 07:50 PM
Hey Mems

Have you ever seen the baby halibut fly

Jay

mems
12-03-2006, 09:58 PM
Hi Jay, you can find his flies on the Rainy's web site. I know he does a bunch of the trade shows out East. I will see if I can find a link. Jay his halibut/flounder fly is an awesome spoon fly. We don't get those out here, but where you guys are, I bet it would be a winner in the surf. I will see what I can find, Mems.

mems
12-03-2006, 10:09 PM
Aloha Guys, here is a link to a site that sells his flies. www.flyfishersrendezvous.com/site/1318975/page/545335
I got to meet Chuck last summer on Martha's Vineyard. He made me a fly called the Magnum Stir Fry, after the Hawaii TV show Magnum PI. The stir fry is a wild fly that has the tail kick when you retrieve it across the water. He made me a big one all in black with red eyes to look like a gobi (jumping jack). It is really cool, but I think it scares most fish. I am going to try it out on the next big ulua I come across. It is really cool to meet these guys in person, and then to share flies you make and come up with. Try his bunker and Rainfish, I bet they would get whacked by a big stripper over there. Good luck, Mems.

Jay Murakoshi
12-04-2006, 08:47 PM
Hey Mems,

Furimsky (Chuck) is the owner of the Fly Fishing Show along with partner Barry S. They promote alot of shows both on the East and West Coast as well as Texas and Chicago.

Jay