PDA

View Full Version : Flyfishing Show

Rick J
12-02-2006, 11:06 AM
Well I am bummed!! Saw the Fly Fishing Show advertised in the latest NORTHWEST Fly Fishing Magazine and it appears to have been moved from San Rafael to Alameda Co Fairgrounds in Pleasanton.

One of the main reasons I liked this show so much was the location that included the lake where you could easily cast various 2 handed rods. Does anyone know if there is anything comparable at Alameda?

Darian
12-02-2006, 11:47 AM
Hi Rick,..... The Fly Fishing Show has a website:

www.flyfishingshow.com

Their show dates/locations are listed there. The International Sportsmans Expo (ISE) shows, also, have a website:

www.sportsexpos.com

Their show dates/locations are listed. Haven't seen anything located in Alameda County (....unless you are referring to the lake :? :? )

Darian

Rick J
12-02-2006, 04:15 PM
Darian,
On the Fly Fishing Show web site and also in the add, it shows the location to be in Pleasanton (the add in the magazine indicated it is at the Alameda Fairgrounds in Pleasanton.)

The last several years it was held in San Rafael that has a lake adjacent to the site where you could try various demonstration rods. This was the only FF show that did not just have the narrow plastic casting facilities which did little to allow one to play with two handed rods

Jay Murakoshi
12-03-2006, 07:34 PM
Rick

From what I understand, there is suppose to be a tent left over from a home and garden show the week before. There will be enough room inside there to cast, even if it's windy and raining. Chuck inquired about this tent when he was looking at the Alameda Fairgrounds. It's suppose to have an 80' ceiling and will be able to accomadate all those people who want to cast.
It's going to be interesting this year to see what the attendance will be. I"m sure it's going to be more than San Rafael. Being that I"ve been with the show since it's onset, one of the biggest comments was "why don't you take the show to the bay area where you can get a larger facility so it's not so crowded". Now, let's see if those who spoke will attend the show.

Jay