PDA

View Full Version : Open invitation

WinterrunRon
11-29-2006, 06:30 PM
I'm fishing the delta tomorrow.

My other rod for the day cancelled so if any one wants to join me I have room for one.

You must be a good caster (I don't want any flys buried in my flesh), have a sense of humor (I like to have fun) and hell bent on hooking fish (I like it when we work hard and hook lots of fish)!

Inquire within...

Ron

11-29-2006, 07:37 PM
Hey Ron,

That sure is a mighty nice invitation you have to join you tomorrow. I sure wish the timing was about a week from now cause I would jump at the chance to join you. I have several days of vacation I need to use or lose before the end of the year. I have fished with Jerry from Lodi 3 times over the last several months in the delta and we had a great time fishing together.

Unfortunately I recently broke my 8 weight rod I had used out there and after my last trip with Jerry using his redington 9 weight I just ordered one myself to fish the Delta for stripers. Unfortunately I do not have it yet and it is probably a few days from getting here :( . I had planned to get out on the delta in my kayak with it when it got here. My next biggest rod at the moment is a 6 weight fenwick glass rod with a teeny 200 sink tip line, probably a little outmanned for delta stripers.

I would bet that David Lee would be a good candidate to join you and would be suprised if he doesn't drop you a line to take you up on your offer. Anyway, thanks for the kind offer and I would love to join you in the future on a similar trip. What kind of craft do you have for fishing the delta?

Bill

WinterrunRon
11-29-2006, 08:39 PM
Bill,

Thanks for checking in. Sorry it won't work out for you but maybe another time. I'm steelheading next week, but if plans change...

I wouldn't give a second thought about having the right rod. It wouldn't keep me home. I'd fish your 6wt and Teeny 200 and worry about landing the state record AFTER it's hooked. If you're in a kayak, you should have no problem fighting and landing schoolie stripers. In any event, don't stay home waiting for the rod to show up!

I fish out of a Ranger bass boat and generally cover lots of water.

Ron

Hairstacker
11-29-2006, 10:09 PM
Ron, yours is indeed a very kind offer. Grand opportunity for a shore-bound angler to get onto the Delta . . . . Unfortunately, I'm working tomorrow. :( But thank you for offering!

David Lee
11-29-2006, 10:16 PM
Hey Ron !!

What time did you have in mind ???? Early , IMO (before 8:00 AM ) isn't so good in colder weather ...

I'm in Fair Oaks , almost NEVER stick anyone w/ a fly , have mucho flies to lose , and can run the boat while you BEAT on Stripe .

David :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

David Lee
11-29-2006, 10:18 PM
[quote="WinterrunRon" I'd fish your 6wt and Teeny 200 and worry about landing the state record AFTER it's hooked. [/quote]

100% correct , period .

The proper attitude will win , everytime -

David :D

11-29-2006, 10:42 PM
Hey David and Ron,

Good luck tomorrow guys! I will be thinking of you both out there while I am taking care of things I promised for the wife and working as well :(.

Ron, you are guaranteed of having lots of great striper flys to use with David as your partner! He taught a number of us some great new killer patterns this last weekend at Kiene's fly shop.

Have fun and we all look forward to a report.

Bill

David Lee
11-29-2006, 11:12 PM
It's looking EPIC -

Breakfast is 9:00 AM sharp .

David :D

Sturmer White
11-29-2006, 11:29 PM
Hey Bluegrass
I just built a nice 9 wt. 9' rod you can use until your new rod comes in.
It will throw 30' of T14 slick as grease.
Send me a pm if you want to use it.
Sturm

WinterrunRon
11-30-2006, 01:04 AM
Bill- sorry the timing didn't work out for you.

Mike- working? Listen: Wife/significant other says, "no", it's no; kids are sick, I understand; dog needs to go to the vet, no problem. But, working? That's and excuse fly shop owners use. Priorities, mister! Perhaps another time then.

David- See you in the morning. I'll be at your breakfast table looking forward to your culinary wizardry at 9am sharp!

Ron

Tony Buzolich
11-30-2006, 08:46 AM
GEEEEEEZZ, I can't believe how late you guys get going. 9:00 breakfast, leave by 10:00, drive to where you're going to fish, you probably ought to be on the water around NOON. :)
TONY

JerryInLodi
11-30-2006, 09:49 AM
Tony, if it wll make you feel any better, I have my people meeting me at 6:30 on Saturday morning! Brrrrr!!!!!!!!

Hairstacker
11-30-2006, 12:02 PM
Ron, you got me! :lol:

Katz
11-30-2006, 12:02 PM
Can't wait for the report on this one!

Kraig