PDA

View Full Version : Delta also this w/e.....

lee s.
11-26-2006, 05:49 PM
Left for the delta Wed PM and fished with Jay Remley, the "Dean of the Delta", on Thanksgiving Day. Did Fri and Sat from the plastic boat. No day produced less than a dozen fish. Most were the "fun fish" between 3#-8#, with very few dinks in the mix.

Sat evening gave us a hot batch of fish between 4# - 8#....one or two fish a pass for 4+ passes on a weed line. STRONG fish this season. After such an evening we bagged it and came home this AM.

YES.....we are Thankful.

.......lee s. :)

11-26-2006, 06:35 PM
Hey Lee!

Sounds like a grand time you had on the delta :) ! I had a productive time this weekend at Bill Kiene's fly shop watching David Lee and Mike (Hairstacker) show us all how to tie some neat striper patterns I hope to put to good use this month. David carried the bulk of the teaching load showing us at least a half dozen great patterns. I met a number of nice folks from this board that were there as well. Great way to end a very nice Thanksgiving weekend! We certainly do all have a lot to be thankful for!

Best Wishes alway!

Bill

lee s.
11-26-2006, 07:20 PM
Hey Bill,
Since "things", we have been sporadic, at best, as to our BB observance. I see today that one of the sacrifices was this tying deal. Sure sorry we missed out on that. Stripers can be pestered most any day somewhere, but gleaning the info and BS'ing with the "board people" is a treasured occurance indeed, not often available. :wink:
....lee s.