PDA

View Full Version : november 23-24-25

paulegan81
11-25-2006, 07:29 PM
Been fishing frankstrack area and IT has been very good tok my cousin and his son on the 23rd the wind was blowing a lot but we got into some fish one that went almost eight pounds,. on the 24th I took cedric from GBF and we got into some more fish great day with cedric he can cast well and is great company.... he got sevral fish in the 2-4 pound range an I got one that again went almost eight, Today I wnt out again and we got fish at almost every spot we fished sevral in the 4 pound range, three double hookups one double with a 3 and a 6 punder the other doubles were in the 3-4 pound range lots of fish I had two people on my boat and one of them didnit fly fish he was throwing rat-l-traps and shad-raps He only caught one lmb about 2#S and lost a big striper prolly 8 or so #s becouse he was in the middle and it got under the boat on him and I had one on also and could not tunr the boat fast enough.......
<<<<need more motor.....
It has been a greet weekend hope to here some stories from you all....
Bent rods to all
Paul

Slim1
11-25-2006, 08:06 PM
Thanks for the report.

I have lots of ratle-traps that I inherited. Was thinking of taking a friend out who isn't set up for Striper flyfishing and letting him use the traps. I've never used them.. (?) What size line do you throw them with?? 20lbs...??

What flies were you using?

Slim

paulegan81
11-26-2006, 07:08 PM
I throw them with 12# or 25# braid
We were using a super minnow a fly That I make kind of like a clouser....
Black over Grey over white was the top producer and chartruce over white worked well also.....