PDA

View Full Version : Northwest flooding

SteelieD
11-23-2006, 04:14 PM
Thought you guys might find this interesting... Nature sure is powerful.

http://www.nps.gov/mora/parknews/upload/floodPP.pdf

Ed Wahl
11-23-2006, 08:13 PM
Whoa! :shock: some amazing stuff.

Hairstacker
11-23-2006, 10:50 PM
Dry flies would probably be a waste of time. . . .

Jay Murakoshi
11-23-2006, 10:58 PM
whoa, every year we go up to the Seattle show, we always here the van driver say " sure wish we'd get some rain. It's been a drought year for the past three years". I wonder what they are saying now.

We'll soon find out

Jay

bp
11-24-2006, 07:18 AM
Hoover Dam!! Even thought i am sure the cost of repair is gonna be huge, i love to see the power of nature when it wants to take back what is rightfully hers. hope noone was hurt.

Nature - always, Man - 0

bp

OregonSalmon
11-26-2006, 10:59 AM
Rain...what rain? Sun has been out every day, women in bikinis, steelhead kegging up in tidewater. Shops have sold out of sunscreen but the pineapples are ripening nicely. And if you believe one of those words I've got a tsunami to sell you!!!

See that is the good thing about the flooding; this is just some tsunami training. We have been getting our asses kicked since Nov. 1'st with no end in sight. Sure hate to be the first guy drifting down the Necanicum; plenty of logs across the river. Ouch. Maybe the next flood will dislodge them.

SteelieD
11-27-2006, 05:36 PM
Yeah, Just a little rain... 15.08" so far this month. Normal total for November is 5.08"!

Snow all over western WA yesterday and more expected tonight. Daytime high tomorrow of 32 degrees (yes, celsius!!). There ain't much fishin' going on here!!! HELP!!! :(

Oh well, December's gotts be better. Right?? :?