PDA

View Full Version : Golden Gate Park-Nov 25

Jeff Putnam
11-19-2006, 03:42 PM
I have been invited to the Golden Gate Casting Ponds on Saturday, Nov 25th, around 10am-3pm, to demo rods and talk spey for the day along with Gary Anderson. If there is enough interest I'll do a casting demo. This will be a great chance to try out rods. Hope to see you there and have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Rick J
11-20-2006, 07:43 AM
sounds like fun - wish I could make it but Thanskgiving commitments won't allow it

Adam Grace
11-20-2006, 08:15 AM
Yeah, why do they have to organize it so close to Thanksgiving? I can't make it either.

bruce mace
11-20-2006, 09:37 PM
I will be there and bring a friend... cool opportunity! Thanks in advance.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
11-21-2006, 10:19 AM
It would be a chance to see the old casting club and be around some Spey people and Spey tackle.

http://www.ggacc.org/i/ggacc_photo.jpg

http://www.ggacc.org/

WinterrunRon
11-21-2006, 07:14 PM
Love to make it JP but family's in town and we're hosting this year. Oh, well.

They don't stock that pond, do they? ;-)

Ron

Anne Vitale
11-23-2006, 11:48 AM
Jeff...I plan to be there :) :). If I took the time to travel to Oregon to see you and Gary do your thing a couple of weeks back, I certainly wouldn't pass up a chance to see you two doing your thing (again) in my own back yard. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. See you at the ponds Saturday...Anne

PS.. Winterrun: There is no official stocking program there but the ponds serve as San Francisco's unofficial, no-longer-wanted gold fish drop off [-X . I guess that is more merciful then throwing them down a toilet. There are a whole lot of inch long minnows around the edges as well. God knows what they are or where they came from :confused: .

Hairstacker
11-23-2006, 12:11 PM
:lol: Ron, you think the same way I do -- as long as you're casting, might as well be fishing at the same time. :lol:

WinterrunRon
11-24-2006, 11:58 AM
Mike... why waste a perfectly good cast, right?

Ron

Anne Vitale
11-25-2006, 08:06 PM
For those of us who work hard at perfecting our casting skills, a perfectly good [spey] cast never goes to waste, whether it is on a prime steelhead run or an urban casting pond.

Jeff...it was good seeing you, Gary and the GGACC regulars at the ponds today. 8) 8)

Don Powell
11-25-2006, 09:09 PM
Marilyn and I had a very enjoyable time watching Jeff demonstrate Gary's various rod and line configurations...Jeff and Gary bring artistry to the local Spey scene! Thank you both for this opportunity.

Thanks also to the accommodating and friendly GGACC members who made our first visit so enjoyable.