PDA

View Full Version : Delta 11-18-06

paulegan81
11-18-2006, 07:40 PM
Lots of boats out
seemed like every spot I went to some one was all ready there.....
Did finaly get a few fish up to 5# slow day and nothing big but it is hard to fish with so many boats you are either fishing behind or in front of some one seemed like the american??????? I have never seen so many fishing boats.... even in the summer we had lots of boats but most were sking.....
Paul
Even a slow day was beter than working

Sturmer White
11-18-2006, 09:14 PM
Yeah! Paul,I know what you mean about the boats.
The good thing was most were bass guys and they didn't bother the striper quest. Jerry did a great job hunting up fishing spots for us. We had a rather funny count. One catfish, one salmon ( long line release after 100+ run and jump. Two black bass and 17 stripers. One 7.4 pounds.
We worked Jerry long and hard.He is a fun guy to fish with and knows the Delta very well.
Thanks Jerry

JerryInLodi
11-18-2006, 10:36 PM
Paul et al, Sturmer and Larry are a fun two guys to fish with.

Sturmer's salmon sure did smoke some line. Larry LDRed a nice fish in addition to Sturmer's salmon and the catfish was a beautiful channel cat, golden with the little black specks. It was only about a pound and a half but these fish are true game fish and do get much bigger. A 20 pounder would impress anyone.

Although we didn't break any records, the fish sure were hot. The seven pounder put Sturmer on the reel in seconds and it's a good chance Larry's was even bigger from the beat of the tail kicks.

It was a nice day even with the Kamikaze bass boats whizzing by. We were definitely over some big fish but they were not in the mood. Most of the fish we did hook were just inside the mouth, not the usual inhale down deep.

Here's a couple of pictures of the deadly duo.

http://ww1.pureupload.com/stfiles/309/sturmer.jpg http://ww1.pureupload.com/stfiles/309/larrylee4.jpg

11-18-2006, 11:43 PM
Hey Jerry,

Nice job out there fishing the delta today. Sounds like you and your guys had a grand time with quite the variety of fish and action. I hope my buddy is willing to join me on a trip with you. If it turns out he decides not to go, do you have another single customer who you could pair me up with for a weekday during Christmas break?

Have a great Thanksgiving!

Bill :)

JerryInLodi
11-19-2006, 06:40 AM
Nope, not right now Bill.

The fish seem to be a little larger lately. I hear reports from the bait and trolling guides working the Sacramento and the bays further toward SF that more big fish, (12-20) are moving in.

I hope so. If true, and the weather holds, striper fishing should be great around the holidays.

While talking partners, Bill is an avid kayak fisherman and I've shown him a few great locations to launch. If anyone reading is like minded you might just drop him a note.