PDA

View Full Version : Quit that job, divorce the wife and get out there.........

Bill Kiene semi-retired
11-09-2006, 10:09 AM
There is a ton of good fishing right now so try to go before it gets so dam cold the fish are shivering.

Many trout streams closed on November 15th but that is only a fraction of the fishing available in Nor Cal.

We have salmon and Steelhead in the Lower American River now.

The Smith River might be good now for big King Salmon.

Steelhead in the Lower Feather River.

I hear the Lower Sac is pretty hot for trout and Steelhead.

Looks like the Trinity River is loaded.

Heard the Rogue was very cold. A friend said once (Lisa May) her favorite thing about Steelheading was when it was over.

I think the middle Klamath could be very good. Jim Christensen and Noe Fierros are up there as we type here.

Stripers in the Delta and some reservoirs.

Tons of lakes and reservoirs are good for trout now. Strangely we have been selling a lot of float tubes lately.

Time for Eagle Lake and Pyramid Lake.

Winter is Putah Creek time too.

All you need is time and money and a hall pass.

Don't forget your long johns.

Rick J
11-09-2006, 02:31 PM
Bill,
The Smith went from 200 cfs to over 12,000 cfs in the last week or so!!! It is now down to just under 5000 cfs so could be a good bet with no more rain??? But expect more is coming this weekend!

I am heading up to visit Don this weekend and play around on Davis - they are calling for rain/snow - so not sure how much fishing we will do vs watching old movies in front of his fire place :)

Bill Kiene semi-retired
11-10-2006, 01:27 AM
I guess if it rains more the salmon on the Smith River might not happen?

sculpin
11-10-2006, 09:36 AM
Hey Bill
You have the right idea . I have been taking the fall off for the last 3 years. I didn't divorce the wife , although she maye throw me out . Yea, ever since all my old elk hunting buddies died in one year I quite taking life so seriously , I heard no one gets out alive anyway. I may be eating cat food if I live to long , but it will be worth it.

Mark

Bill Kiene semi-retired
11-10-2006, 10:06 AM
Hi Mark

That is really sad about loosing your hunting buddies so suddenly. I am 61 now and I hear that as we get older we go to more funerals every year if we live a long time. Pretty sad..........

I guess it time to go fishing?

sculpin
11-10-2006, 10:33 AM
Bill
I didn't really intend my post to be sad one. I intended it to tie in with your post for folks to get out there and enjoy life and do all the things they enjoy.

Mark