PDA

View Full Version : FYI List of artificial fly-only water in CA

bigtj
11-07-2006, 11:52 AM
This came up in the bead thread and I thought is worth mentioning in a seperate thread (please don't get the bead thing going again on this thread I think it has enough dialog on the other):

Doing a global search on the 2006 regs for CA it appears there are 4 waters in the state that have artificial flies only regs:

-Hot Creek

-Truckee River (glenshire to prosser)

-Slinkard Creek

-Tule River (Tulare Co.).

The regs say artificial flies only, not flyfishing only, so it appears you could fish these waters with a spinning rod as long as you are using a fly and bubble etc. as long as it has an artificial fly on the end i.e. made by fly tying.

Please don't take my word for it though. Get a regs book, check the waters you're going ot fish and call fish and game for clarification if you have questions.

On the other hand, on any water is open to angling, if you fish with a single barbless flies and always practice catch and release you'll never have to worry about violating any fish and game regs, which makes life pretty simple.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
11-08-2006, 02:07 AM
I agree with that last statement whole heatedly.

Flyjunkie
11-12-2006, 08:10 AM
On the other hand, on any water is open to angling, if you fish with a single barbless flies and always practice catch and release you'll never have to worry about violating any fish and game regs, which makes life pretty simple.

Couldn't have said it Better myself :D :D :D

DEAN ~~~ 8) 8)