PDA

View Full Version : Lap Top NFF

Jay Murakoshi
11-07-2006, 12:42 AM
I have a Dell Laptop and can't figure out why the sound shut off. I'm sure I pushed some buttons that I wasn't suppose to. At the top of the keys, there's a low volume and a high volume and next to that there's a button with a slash though the symbol. I'm sure that's the shut off button but when I press it, nothing happens. Then there's a few buttons on the right side, don't have any idea what they are for so I just started pressing and nothing happened, I don't think.

Need help

Jay

David Lee
11-07-2006, 12:46 AM
Hi Jay it's David's wife Candida

Look at the bottom of your screen. The bar on the bottom has a start button on the left, and the time on the right. Now - you should see a gray speaker like icon to the left of the time. Double click on that with your mouse. The volume control box should pop up. If this doesn't help, call or email David and I can walk you through it.

Matt Frey
11-07-2006, 12:48 AM
Hey Jay
First look on your laptop ... many times there is a dial by where you plug in the head set or microphone. If this is turned down you wont hear anything.

If that doesnt work,

Look in the lower right of your screen (near the time) and you will see a bunch of icons. Sometimes you need to click on the left pointin arrow to see the rest of the icons. One hopefully looks like a speaker. Click on the speaker looking one and check your settings and make sure the volume is up and the mute is not selected.

If you cant find the speaker icon in the lower right go to the start button and then go to the Control Panel. From there something should be labeled "Sounds" or something. Again, make sure volume is up and mute is not selected.

Hope this helps.

WinterrunRon
11-07-2006, 01:41 AM
Jay,

You sure you got the right web site for your computer consultation needs? What makes you think flyfishers know anything about computers?

I feel your pain and frustration, however. Out of nowhere, I can't get Mapquest to draw the maps. I get the directions (Directionquest?), I get the mileage (Mileagequest?), but no maps! The desktop I have draws them just fine. Urgh!

Go figure?

Ron

Jay Murakoshi
11-07-2006, 10:29 AM
Candida and others,

Thanks for the help, now I can watch my fishing videos and not have to read lips

Jay

Jay Murakoshi
Candida and others,

Thanks for the help, now I can watch my fishing videos and not have to read lips

Jay

Jay Murakoshi
Candida and others,

Jay

Jay Murakoshi
11-07-2006, 10:32 AM
Dang, what happened now? Oh well I'm just not with the cyber world.
I'm still trying to figure out the 8 track system :D

Jay

Rob
11-16-2006, 09:31 PM
Jay don't feel so bad .
I have to ask my youngest son Cody all the time for help with the Computer and my Spelling !!! :roll:
Just about the time I figured out how to use most of the functions on my sell phone I got rid of it. Cody ( 8 years Old at the Time ) also learned how to double haul in around 2 min thanks to Mel's video the essence of fly fishing . It took me over 1 hr with Cody's help. :D He also out fishes me every time we go !! :D And on his very first hunt he took a Bull Elk with his Muzzle Loader !! Boy I love that Kid !! :D :D

Rob.