PDA

View Full Version : November is probably the top month for Stripers.............

Bill Kiene semi-retired
11-06-2006, 01:07 PM
.......in the Sacramento/San Joaquin Delta system.

Dec, Jan and Feb can be good but not easy for most.

Try to get out there soon.

The fish are fresh in from the bays and salt water so they are really strong right now.

Black Bass on top will pretty much slow down till Spring.

If you have not fished this take a friend and book a day now with a good Delta guide.

Jay Murakoshi
11-06-2006, 01:39 PM
Bill,

There all booked..... :( Which is good for them - bad for me... Too late in making reservations. Did you see any signs for boat rentals at Sugar Barge

Jay

JerryInLodi
11-06-2006, 07:09 PM
Jay, I think there's boat rentals at Paradise Point. Sorry I don't have the phone number.

paulegan81
11-06-2006, 11:38 PM
Hey Jay Give me a call.....(916)640-5126 I would be honored to take you.... I got your letter about baja looks like the flights will work out just right....
Paul.....

Jay Murakoshi
11-07-2006, 12:37 AM
Paul,

I'll call you later this week

Thanks

Jay

paulegan81
11-07-2006, 01:02 AM
ok.. the boat will be gassed up and ready to go!!
hopefully my rod will still only be in four pieces.

WinterrunRon
11-07-2006, 01:32 AM
December has treated me well for stripers in the Delta.

Air temp and water temp are often close to the same and the dim light due to foggy/overcast skys seem to bring the stripers closer to the surface in a search and destroy mode! Little in the way of rain, water turns over and starts to clear, birds can see the shad deeper into the water column often helping you to find the stripers below them, pick a day that has a nice strong tide and expect to do battle... I can't sleep the night before these conditions come together!

Ron

Katz
11-07-2006, 02:40 AM
WinterrunRon - That was an inspiring read!

Man am I ready. :twisted:
Kraig