PDA

View Full Version : San Juan

Tracy Chimenti
11-05-2006, 02:05 AM
I am leaving tomorrow at 4:00 AM for Corales, NM. Heading out Hwy 50... damn, wish I could get a crack at the Verdi stretch of the Truckee.

Anyway, somehow my brother and law and I fanageled an over-nighter on the 'Juan. The rest of the time we'll be entertaining a trio of bank runners. Must say I haven't fished much this year, but fortunately I married into outdoor's people.

I'll give yooze guys a report. I might even be able to give an extended chukar forecast and a falconing update. Bro-in-law also has a couple of hawks. Last time during mid-season, we carried out drive-byes at several truck stop puddles, and a cornacopia of parking lots and wharehouse aprons and really tightened up on the local crow population. Mallards were a bonus.

Back on the 'Juan (cuz we will be Juan With Nature), the last time I was surrounded by cruisers and I couldn't get them to bite. I mean slow swings... tiny... teenier... long leaders... longer... short... micro tippets... you name it. We caught three-- two browns and a 'bow on glo-bugs and San Juan worms and lots of lead. Hoping to experience something different this time.

If anyone has a good tip for figuring fall patterns, I'd sure appreciate it.

Tracy