PDA

View Full Version : 'Das Vinter is here

OregonSalmon
11-04-2006, 04:37 PM
Well boys, winter has arrived on the North Oregon coast with a vengence. The rain is going sideways, the wind racing between the buildings has kept me up for the last three nights and the port-a-potty at the construction site across the street has blown over twice and at this point near a block away. Those construction workers need a bit more lead in their diets.

Damn!!! There is a good clam tide tonight but that surf is pounding like a young Mike Tyson. The fresh water coming down the river will move out the crabs. The ground, too slick for hunting chantrelles. The salmon are finally headed to the ultimate fate: sinning and then death. I have fallen into a morass without the casting, digging, or clipping my dinner. The darkness would be upon me if I wasn't certain steelhead are around the corner, that I will dig the next set of tides, and the chantrelles will wait for me. Plus, Nov. 7'th is going to be one hell of day for me!!!

Did Al Davis say "just win baby!!! Or was it "just wind baby!!! Looks like on Tuesday I'll have both.

Darian
11-04-2006, 04:45 PM
"....Vote early and vote often", I always say.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Don't forget to vote, everyone. 8) 8) 8)

gryhackl
11-04-2006, 09:08 PM
Don't vote....it only encourages them!!

TaylerW
11-05-2006, 02:07 AM
aye mate, just moved to the suicide captiol of the pac northwest and the rain just my brake my spirit if the stubborn stealhead dont? You ever need a fishing partner?
Tayler

Bill Kiene semi-retired
11-05-2006, 03:13 PM
Geller,

I guess it's hibernation time up there now?

You will have lots of time to tie flies.

The weather channel was all about your area with really high (60mph) winds.

OregonSalmon
11-05-2006, 03:36 PM
Darian,
Unfortunatly that can be done now (vote early and often). Certain voting machines (forget the company) have a yellow button in the back you can press and vote a hundred times. I kid you not. Voting machines are a worse threat that communism ever was.

Kiene,
We may get one more push of fish when the river lowers. The Kilchis and the Little Nestucca get a late run of chinook and the steelhead will be rearing their steel heads in a couple of weeks so not much rest for the wicked.

Little Striper,
Where is the suicide capitol of the Great Northwest? Portland or Seattle? Sheet, crossing the street in Portland was an act of suicide. I'm in Seaside so if you want to come over the pass I have a bit of course knowledge of the area. Steelies will be showing up soon. Thanksgiving is the official start of steelhead season here.

Darian
11-05-2006, 11:44 PM
Hey Galen,.... Yellow button :?: :?: :shock: I hear ya'. 8) Just cause you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get ya'..... :ninja: :ninja:

mems
11-06-2006, 12:31 AM
Aloha Oregon Slamon, have you read any Tom Robbins? Every time you post I think I am reading another excerpt from Another Roadside Attraction. Mems.