PDA

View Full Version : Heading for the 10th annual Striperfest tomorrow.........

Bill Kiene semi-retired
11-03-2006, 12:05 PM
I am very excited to get to fish again with Dan Blanton who really knows the Delta very well. I fished with him last March and had some good luck.

The barbeque starts around 4:00pm and it will be nice to see some old friends and meet new ones.

Charlie Gonzales tied me some really good looking chartreuse and white FT Clousers on 60 degree bronze Gami jig hooks that should do the job.

I'm going to use my Sage 990-4 Xi2 with an SA Custom Tip Express cut to 30 feet. Bring my rain gear too.

Should be a good day.

JerryInLodi
11-03-2006, 12:41 PM
Bill, the rain is supposed to be gone by evening tonight. It should be a gorgeous day tomorrow. The fish should respond to the upturn in weather.

See you around four.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
11-03-2006, 12:50 PM
Great Jerry.....maybe I will get lucky and catch a nice Striper?

One over 10 pounds would be cool.

Sierra Anglers
11-03-2006, 03:38 PM
Bill,
Break out your TCR, for us old guys your arm,wrist, shoulder will thank you for it!
Bob

paulegan81
11-06-2006, 11:43 PM
Good advice for youg and you guys too TCR the only way to go..... got mine back from Gay Anderson and took the CTE off of the 10 wt I was using it on (sage RPL) and it throughs easier on the 9wt TCR even after two full days of fishing no wrist pain at all..... I was begining to think i was casting wrong until I got the TCR back in action......
Yes Jay the same TCR broke in La Paz on that 35# DoDo
Paul

Jay Murakoshi
11-06-2006, 11:48 PM
:D :D :D :D

Jay

Bill Kiene semi-retired
11-06-2006, 11:56 PM
When I was back in North Carolina at Harker's Island for the fall Albacore run the rod of choice was the TCR for many of the 'big dogs'. For pure distance it is really great.

I will have to try one for Stripers over here.

I was using a 990-4 Xi2 Saturday.

Sierra Anglers
11-07-2006, 12:09 AM
The TCR has made a huge difference for me in lasting all day and keeping up with the young bucks, though I have reputation for sleeping in the bottom of the boat during slow periods :wink: For me it's the only rod choice when throwing leadcore. A friend of mine tried throwing a #8 floater with it and thought it was a piece of s*%#, until he cast the LC-13!