10-31-2006, 12:16 PM
http://www.eurekareporter.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?ArticleID=16863
be careful out there! :shock:

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-31-2006, 01:28 PM
Wow.......scarry stuff.

Jasonh
10-31-2006, 02:41 PM
Unbelievable. There are some real idiots in this world!

Forelle
11-01-2006, 02:25 PM
I heard about this from a local... Evidentally, the Flyfisherman who returned fire was a judge. No wonder no charges are being pressed. Pretty stupid to put yourself in mortal danger to save a truck (particularly not your own) which was probably insured. I don't know about you folks, but my life is worth a lot more than a $15K 4-runner :?

Bill Kiene semi-retired
11-01-2006, 02:30 PM
I'd give them my keys if they had guns and pack them a lunch too.

I was told that the area around Weitchpec, mouth of Trinity, is a little wild at times.

Darian
11-01-2006, 05:13 PM
I'd really have to have my back against the wall to get into a shootout anywhere. That would difficult for me as I don't "pack heat". 8)

During the early 80's, the Bee ran a bunch of articles about the lawless state of affairs in Trinity County. One of the points made was that there were only 6 deputies available to patrol all of the county. With the amount of land to cover up there, there's not much hope of getting any timely help if you NEED IT NOW. :? :? :?

Those articles and some of criminal cases I've read about that area described some of the most violent and sick crimes you could contemplate. Mostly drug related but many were committed by vigilantes.... :shock: :shock:

If you're a person whose likely got a temper, don't go up there packin'. The trouble you can get yourself into isn't worth it. 8) 8) 8)

Digger
11-02-2006, 01:57 AM
Sage advice, no doubt.

I used to pack all the time, because, well you just never know.

It's a hell of a thing when you just want to get away from the city and all its evils, and while in the beauty of a place like that, these kinds of things happen.

OregonSalmon
11-03-2006, 02:28 PM
Kiene,
Sounds like Fishhead Frank is rubbing off on the locals.