PDA

View Full Version : A wise joke from Scotland

OregonSalmon
10-29-2006, 12:41 PM
I was chatting with my astute Scottish friend Angie the other day and somehow the history of voting rights in America came up. Of course I had to be a smart ass about women getting the right to vote just to get her goat and made some remark like "what next...are we going to let bears vote??? Her reply was gorgeous: "If you give the bears the right to vote, the salmon will run!!!!

So let's petition next election cycle for bear voting. I am certain this will assure salmon to return in droves as a counterbalance to the bears' new political power. Remember, the only reason they hit our flies is out of anger, and nothing would piss off a salmon more than the "Bear Voting Act" of 2008. The bears can form their own party: the "GGGRRRRRRRRRR Party.

Remember to get out and vote and hopefully there will be no bears roaming around the polling station...just yet.

Darian
10-29-2006, 11:36 PM
In keeping with the current state of politics in this country, maybe Bears should call their party the Bear Scat party :lol: :lol: :lol:

OregonSalmon
10-30-2006, 01:20 AM
No "sheet" about that Darian.
Speaking of bears and salmon, we have few bears but plenty of salmon. It has been a great year for the coastal rivers and the weather has been perfect. Better get your butt up here one fall before they pitch either you or me in the ground. Drag that Kiene fella with you. Let's see if I can't show him up with the one hander.

gryhackl
10-31-2006, 11:24 AM
I'm not voting in this election. In fact I probably won't vote at all anymore.
It just encourages 'em!