PDA

View Full Version : AR 10/27/06

Jgoding
10-28-2006, 01:33 AM
Hit the A this afternoon for a whole lot of nothing. Few fish rising, lots of caddis flying, two nice bucks came running out of nowhere ( thought they were chasing each other) they hit the A and swam across then two labs come running after em... all they got to see was Deer behinds though..

I threw streamers most of the time had one hook up but of course I dropped the fish after a nice battle (it was pretty hefty I think it was damn solid when I pulled to move it). I was about to get it up and get a look at what I hooked finally when it came unbuttoned about 6 feet out.... DOH!!!! Man, I don't really care about losing the fish, but man, can I just get a look at what I caught and how big it was... is that too much to ask??

Oh well, only one dead Salmon in the area and about 6 vultures were having a good snack on it and one otter that was fun to watch chasing fish and then running around on the shore taking a break... Lost 4 flies to snags too (man, they weren't there last year either...another DOH!!)

Jeff

MSP
10-28-2006, 11:54 AM
Hey Jeff, I hit the "A" yesterday morning from around 8:30 til 2:00 and I didn't even get a bump, at least one that I knew of. I was encouraged by the number of Salmon rolling around and the number of hookups from the beaders up river. My fly ran into one but with the 5 wt I wasn't in the mood for a spooling. I also hooked a line that had a Salmon on the other end. When I got my fly off the line I was thinking of hand lining in the Salmon :shock: . Then I thought better of it, I like my fingers just the way they are. Anyway I'm hoping the Fall 1/2 pounder run coincides somehow with the Salmon returning. If so things should start picking up.