PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Cameron Park Lake

dtp916
10-26-2006, 09:28 PM
The plan is to go to Cameron Park Lake on Saturday. I talked with Jeff at the shop and he told me it would be a good bet since I don't have a boat :? :? :?

I was going to bring some poppers, maybe divers, and wooly buggers. Is the lake fishing good or at least decent, right now, or should I head somewhere else :question:

I'm bringing my buddy that is new to fly fishing and I want him to catch something, know what I'm saying??? :D

Thanks, James.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-26-2006, 11:32 PM
I would say that fishing there would be good spring and fall like most bass lakes.

April/May/June and the Sept/Oct.

It should be good as long as the weather is warm and sunny.

I would still recommend early and especially late in the day.

Noon till 4pm might be a little slow if it is sunny.

As soon as the sun goes off the water in the PM is my favorite time.

Another place to try is Rucker Lake, just past Fuller Lake, up Hwy 80 to Yuba Gap, then down Hwy 20.

Darian
10-26-2006, 11:34 PM
James,.... Fall fishing for Bass/Sunnies should be fair. The daytime weather's been warm. Colder than necessary in the AM. So, I would suggest fishing in the afternoon to give the water a chance to warm a little and activate the fish....

I've never fished up there, myself. So, I can't give you much info on how the lake is fishing right now. :? :? :?

Hairstacker
10-26-2006, 11:52 PM
I've never fished there either but I like Darian's idea of waiting until later in the day to give the water a chance to warm up. I particularly like Bill's suggestion to be there when the sun goes off the water in the evening, as I would think that would be the best time of all.

dtp916
10-27-2006, 12:20 PM
Looks like most of us are in the same boat, it's my first trip to the lake 8) 8) 8) I guess the next stop will be Rucker if Cameron Park doesn't produce...

Thanks for the tips.

James