PDA

View Full Version : We all got a new Galvan clear Torque fly reel

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-24-2006, 10:40 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/flyguyag/fishing/IMGP0100.jpg

It is all Adam's fault.

Aaron, Jeff and I all ordered new clear Galvan Torque fly reels for our Spey rods after seeing this photo by Adam.

bigtj
11-09-2006, 04:30 PM
Bill,

That Torque is a good reel but be careful in below-freezing weather. Just got back from BC and out of all the reels we had up there, the Tibor was the best about not freezing up, the Torque the worst. Even my Hardy's did better than the Torque. Seems that the proximity of all those sharp-angled steel edges are the perfect place for water to freeze. If you fish in warm weather you're fine but in below-freezing condtions be sure to watch out.

Best regards,

-John

Adam Grace
11-10-2006, 12:33 AM
I wouldn't have that reel if it were not for Bill and Marilyn giving it to me as a parting gift. Thanks again Bill!

Bill Kiene semi-retired
11-10-2006, 01:23 AM
Thats good to know BigTJ

At 61 I don't plan myself to be anywhere that cold ever again but other might.

bigtj
11-10-2006, 11:03 AM
Bill,

At 37 some times I wonder why I put myself in those situations as well. Next year I might just head to BC a couple weeks earlier to avoid the sub-freezing weather. On the other hand, you don't have to worry as much about having company when it's that cold out!

Best regards,

-John

11-10-2006, 08:03 PM
bigtj,

You would make a good aeronautical engineer. :D What that Galvan Torque Reel needs is an aircraft type deicer.