PDA

View Full Version : Feather River

PatrickM
10-23-2006, 03:27 PM
It's been way too long since I've been fishing. Thinking about playing hookie from work and hitting the Feather either tomorrow or Wednesday. Any reports or suggestions on flies, etc. from up that way? Anyone else going to be up there in the next couple of days? I'll post a report when I get back.

hookedupanglers
10-23-2006, 06:12 PM
2 weeks ago i floated the low flow section. It was slow! I hooked 2 half pounders and only landed one. Call Mcgraths fishing store in oroville. They are current with the reports. I have heard more fish are moving in.

Katz
10-23-2006, 08:05 PM
I would recommend the high flow. Keister has lots of fishable water. Vance (just above Keister has some nice buckets as well). Palm would also be good but harder to get to.

For directions to Keister see the "October on the lower Feather" article posted by Bill.

Good luck.

Kraig

Adam Grace
10-23-2006, 08:39 PM
Fish egg patterns and caddis pupas. Fish either the High or the low flow, both are about the same af far as productivity goes right now.

slage
10-23-2006, 10:24 PM
I was at the OWA yesterday and it was rather slow, not saying much though from the source. Have had luck in the past, so at least a little to base it off of.
The water levels seemed a little low and like a lot of places, not an overwhelming number of fish. Saw some fresh salmon, didn't see many steelies until, Murphy's, was on my way out.
Beautiful riser every 20-30 seconds right at the access point. I cast to him for a good while and he seemed to be laughing at me. :cry:
It was very beautiful weather, no other people and tons of caddis. The caddis were both dark and very light in color, my entomology skills are really tight. I have a book coming out later this month, "Bugs- grey, cream or green."
:lol:

PatrickM
10-23-2006, 11:59 PM
Thanks for the info, guys. Doesn't sound like it's off the hook, but still sounds good enough to make me miss work for a day. :twisted: I'll let you guys know how it goes.