PDA

View Full Version : Jump Shots

jbird
10-21-2006, 03:17 PM
I have tried a couple times to capture some jumpshots of fish. My dig. cam. is a pretty good point and shoot camera. It is a sony dsc p100. It responds immediately upon pressing the shutter button. It is even faster if you partially depress the button in preperation and then push it at the exact moment...which is what i think i need to do to succeed with this camera. If you hold the shutter button patially depressed for too long, the prep. mode will expire and you have to release and depress again.
Capturing a jump shot of a fish takes a good amount of intuition. When the line startis slicing toward the surface you gotta have that trigger ready,, and even then its no guarantee.

I got close on a couple shots yesterday, the shutter made its "click" sound exactly when I wanted it to, but the picture was still late. I'll keep trying :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/jbird35/DSC04856.jpg

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-21-2006, 03:23 PM
Keith Kaneko has a really nice Olympus SLR digital that has a very fast response time so you can get fish in the air. He sets it so it does a burst of 3 pictures too.

My 'Pro 1' Canon takes too long to focus or what ever it is doing while I have the button pushed.

Jasonh
10-22-2006, 09:04 PM
Good timing and great picture Jay.