PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning House

Jay Murakoshi
10-19-2006, 03:38 PM
I'm getting tired looking at all this tying material that I have sitting here in drawers, boxes and bags. I'm going through all of it this week.

So here's the deal, I will post a few photo's of what I will be giving away for FREE !!!. But here's the deal. No one person is going to clean house.
I want to spread the material around as much as possible.

As an example:

I have strung saddle hackle in red, black, yellow, white, etc.... They will be put into bundles. Some are big bundles. These hackles are great for hackling steelhead patterns, tying streamers, etc..

I also have a limited number of grizzly saddle patches. They compare to what you see on the store shelf from Hareline Dubbin. Good for streamers, hackling larger flies ( 10-14). I also have a few dyed saddles.

Also, I will have some strung peacock herl. Some in 6" length and some that look to be 12" or longer.

Well, that's it for now... I might dig something else up

If you're interested in any of the items or know of anyone who teaches tying classes, let them know. Or else it goes in the garbage this coming week

Jay

PS..... Every thing will be shipped USPS first class mail... The cost to you is "you can buy me a cup of coffee at one of the shows"

k.hanley
10-19-2006, 04:13 PM
Here's a thought bud. Box it all up. Send it to Bill's shop with a note inside that it's intended for the kids in the Cordova School Fishing Club? I know Bill will the goods to the right people. Just a thought.
Cheers, Ken

Darian
10-19-2006, 04:17 PM
Jay,.... I second Ken's suggestion. 8) 8) 8)

Matt Frey
10-19-2006, 04:58 PM
I think Ken's idea is great. Those kids can use it much more than us.

Jay Murakoshi
10-19-2006, 05:04 PM
OK guys, the material will be boxed up and sent to Bill. Bill are you ready for this. A new name for a new business "Kiene's Clearing House". Hey another write off.
Maybe, I'll come up with a couple rods and reels set ups. Just have to see what I don't need and don't use.

Ya know, after 34 years playing this game, a person can accumulate alot of toys.

Jay

Darian
10-19-2006, 06:35 PM
Good for you Jay!!!!

mike N
10-20-2006, 12:18 AM
I believe there is also a club up in the fall river area where a school teacher is instructing kids in fly tying. It might be a worth while recipient as well. I think the guys at the NCFFB might have a contact if you are willing.

MN

Jay Murakoshi
10-20-2006, 12:38 AM
I can split up this material and make all the kids happy. I even have some Whiting saddles and I think a couple necks. If any of these school clubs are doing steelhead patterns that require red, pink, chartreuse saddle patches I have plenty. If you guys can find the person in charge, have them drop me an email. Or all the material will be sent to Bill Kiene and I'm sure he can find a home for it

Jay