PDA

View Full Version : monday on the delta

paulegan81
10-16-2006, 11:26 PM
Launched out of newhope lots of boats going after salmon I only cauthe one striper and four LMB...
The striper was 5#'s and the LLLLmb went Just over EIGHT.
Both on a 3/0 flash tail hlf-and-half you can probably gess the color.
Paul
[/img]
Well youll just have to take my word for it until i can figure aut how to put pictures on the web site......

JerryInLodi
10-17-2006, 12:03 AM
Paul, HUGE LMB. Yes, I want to see the picture, you bet!

Load the picture on line at one of the free services and then just paste its address using the provided IMG brackets fore and aft.

Wow!

Katz
10-17-2006, 12:38 AM
Yeah, I need to see that pic too.

Take a look at the general section under the sticky for posting pics. It seem to work well for me.

Kraig

10-17-2006, 03:04 AM
Paulegan81,

Here is a free place to post your pictures, but it’s basically for hunters:

http://www.realtree.com/photopost/

Where is the new hope launch? Fresh salmon in the freezer sounds good to me.

JerryInLodi
10-17-2006, 09:17 AM
New Hope is up by Thornton, close to Walnut Grove. Water gets pretty skinney above the launch.

jbird
10-17-2006, 10:29 AM
Paul

If you wanna keep things simple, you could email the photos to one of us and we could post it. :D

Jay

10-17-2006, 11:47 AM
Jerry,

Okay thanks, I haven’t had much luck with those Mokelumne salmon in the past.

The Realtree PhotoPost has a “Copy to clipboard” icon making it simple enough for hunters to use. The UBB Code is then pasted in a message from the clipboard. Quite a few fly fishermen in the San Francisco area are anti gun, so it‘s not for everyone.

Richard

paulegan81
10-18-2006, 01:28 PM
boy my typing while thinking about landing net streching fish could use a litle work
I sent the pics to sturmer he sent them to Jerry and Jerry is going to put them on the board. new hope is right next to whimpy's it is close to the house(sac) and I usualy go down the south molk from there but the Lmb fishing can be good up in snodgrass and lost sloughs also...
one evening in snodgrass about a month ago my dad and i were out looking for small stripers and saw fish busting bait for an hour or more we couldn't find a striper it was all 10-14 inc. LMBs we caught a bout 20 then it just died off and we went on.... It was great I have some #2 gurglers in white for just that kind of event.

Paul

JerryInLodi
10-19-2006, 08:44 AM
Here's Paul's fish from Monday.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f17/jergofish/boatfishing_039.jpg
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f17/jergofish/boatfishing_036.jpg
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f17/jergofish/boatfishing040.jpg

Adam Grace
10-19-2006, 09:06 AM
Very nice bass Paul, good for you. What a fat LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLMB.

Bye the way what do those extra L's mean before LMB (large mouth bass)? Large lilly licking LMB?

paulegan81
10-19-2006, 09:06 PM
Just LLL, Large,Large,Large That is the bigest LMB I have ever caught... not suprising being a new boat owner....
Went out to day and caught a 5+ pound striper (just over five not quite 5 1/2) yea nothing to brag about............
Except I caught it on a #2 half and half using a 4 wt..... what a fight....
Talked to one guide who was fishing for stripes and they had only got one good fish so far but it was early I had to be off the water by 4:30 dam shame to the wind had just lied down and it looked prety Fishy out their....
I did see lots of salmon rolling and jummping???? Boy they are lost...
Paul

JerryInLodi
10-19-2006, 10:04 PM
Paul, never apologize for a 5 1/2 pound striper. The fishing gods will frown on you and next time it will be zero pounds! A five pounder gets the heart pumping, especially on a bluegill rod!

The salmon are heading up to the hatchery below Camanche. They're not lost, just getting their last frolics in before rolling over dead.

Hairstacker
10-19-2006, 11:26 PM
NICE largemouth!! And a 5+ lb striper on a 4 wt. had to be epic!

paulegan81
10-20-2006, 01:16 AM
It sure was a fight.... I had more fun(just as much) watching my dad land his 20" It was the bigest fish he has caught on a fly rod since he went to the Deshutes about 12 years ago...
Dose any one know if a turney is going on this weekend???? if the wind stays down the tides and moon should be gteat for the last time of daylight savings........
Paul......
lets..go...gett...em

JerryInLodi
10-21-2006, 01:07 AM
The last big bass tournament is this Saturday and Sunday, it will be Kamikaze heaven on the water this weekend. Banzai!

paulegan81
10-22-2006, 03:18 AM
today was not very bussy on the water. for bass anyway most boats out for salmon. hog and sicamore were quite and I scratche out about 8 fish Lmb and stripers the largest went about 21" it was a good day right up till I lost my hat on the way home..........

JerryInLodi
10-22-2006, 10:57 AM
At least you didn't have your keys in your hat like I did in my jacket!

paulegan81
10-22-2006, 11:20 PM
I have a zipper pocket in my shorts that I wear when I go and I put the keys it the pocket when I park..... I did not mention that I broke my brothers rod at the tip top.......good thing it has a warranty... I bought that rod for him secondhand and this is the third time it is going to the shop.... that will give me an excuse to go see Andy at the shop....
Paul.......

paulegan81
10-23-2006, 09:42 PM
Well Kiene's called and my scott is done so I can pick it up and drop theTFO off in the same trip.....
out to day and picked up 2 lmb in sicamore saw Al Bunch from AFFC in hog they were in to a few dink stripers they were using small clousers I was still throwing the 3/0's no strips for me today only fished from about 1:00 till 4:30
Paul........