PDA

View Full Version : All sold-Couple of rods

flygolf
10-16-2006, 03:13 PM
Sage XP 11' 6wt. 4 pc. Only used twice With blank warranty card $400

Excellent condition Winston 9' 6wt. XTR 3 pc $300

Scott G series 9'6" 7wt. 4 pc. Like new. $225 (great stealhead rod (indicator)

Winston BL5 9' 8wt. 5 pc. like new (fresh water reel seat) Great striper rod $325

WinterrunRon
10-18-2006, 02:22 AM
Mark,

If you're not quiting fly fishing or are a collector of fine rods, you have way too many rods, my friend!

I'll be fishing the delta November/December for stripers. If you want to make a trip with me, let me know and I'll let you know when I go.

Ron

flygolf
10-18-2006, 12:38 PM
Ron, Let me know when you want to go and I'm in!!!! I'll bring some rods (Ha, Ha). Mark

WinterrunRon
10-18-2006, 02:56 PM
Will do.

You know, that Scott G series rod has interest for me. I have a 9'6" G Loomis GL3 8wt that I like a lot but it is a stiff stick and tiring to cast all day. Great for windy conditions and high water or lots of current but I think I'd like a backup/alternative rod when conditons don't warrant its use and I never like having two of the same.

I do like a fast action rod with a soft tip and backbone, however. How would you describe the rod you have for sale?

Ron

flygolf
10-18-2006, 03:38 PM
Scott describes the rod as a medium fast action, I however would say it is more on the softer side in relation to all the newer rods that are coming out today. (I do like the new Sage Z-axis it feels softer than the XP). I really like the action of the G series and the only reason I am parting w/ this one is I have another and this is the back-up. Ron, I would be happy to let you give it try to see if you like before you buy. There may be lighter rods out there but I haven't felt one that "feels" lighter in the hand. Scott is bringing back this year only the ARC series which came after the G series because there are a lot of people asking for them and I tried the ARC and sold it because I liked the G series better. Personal preference obviously. Mark

WinterrunRon
10-18-2006, 10:10 PM
Sounds like a plan, Mark. I have a RIO Versi-Tip 7wt Windcutter type line I'll be using. Let's meet up at the river soon (and hopefully a few fish will join us) when it's convenient for you. I'll bring my reel and some cash in case I want to take it home! Thanks for the offer to cast it first. Ron

marlydog
11-03-2007, 11:09 PM
Do you still have one for sale? Thanks, Dave

dogtown
11-04-2007, 06:16 PM
If it doesn't sell, I might bite. Let me know.

flygolf
11-04-2007, 08:14 PM
Sorry all of those have sold. Might be posting a few more though.