PDA

View Full Version : Minn Kota Prop

Jay Murakoshi
10-14-2006, 12:20 AM
Does anyone know where I can pick up a dozen props for a Minn Kota trolling motor. Lost mine today at the Forebay. It's a long story, nah it's actually a short story. Playing a fish in some pretty heavy winds, the pram started drifting ackwards so I turn on the motor to straighten it out buy not know my line had blown out the boat and got tangled around the prop. I still can't figure out how the heck it came off
With the lock screw on the shaft and the cover for the prop how would the fly line get in between the housing and cover. I know leader material can because that happened last week. Now this week, it was the shooting head and running line that balled up. I mean to tell you. All that was on the shaft was yellow and orange

Then my BRAND new Buddy fish finder wasn't working. Must be dead batteries but it still beeped but not life on the screen. So that's #2.

Then while fishing the weeds beds for LMB, I anchored into the wind so I wouldn't drift into the weeds. As I was casting, I noticed the trees on the shoreline were going by quite fast. Looked down and my anchor rope had come untied. 30yds away, I saw my yellow rope still floating. So I rowed into the wind just in time to grab the rope.

I know what the problem was today..... FRIDAY 13th...

So far this year, 4 props, two anchors and a fly line

Jay

Dustin Revel
10-14-2006, 01:09 AM
thats gotta be some kind of record. Hopefully you can hold that record for a while :lol: :lol:

Darian
10-14-2006, 11:23 AM
I hope you weren't out in the early evening.... :? I was driving thru that area on I-5 about 5:00 PM. It was on the edge of a thunderstorm and winds were so strong that all of the flags stood straight out from theirflag poles. :shock: :shock:

Hairstacker
10-14-2006, 12:36 PM
Well Man-Alive Jay, after hearing of your travails, I've been forced to resurrect the video. May it provide you comfort in knowing you're not alone:

http://www.bofunk.com/video/2955/fishing_bloopers.html

Jay Murakoshi
10-14-2006, 03:53 PM
Mike,

Damn, I don't feel so bad now. At least my screwups weren't on tape.
I found a prop this morning and ready to go back and catch some fish.
But first, I have to repair a fly line.

Thanks

Jay

Jay Murakoshi
10-14-2006, 03:56 PM
Darian,

That was some bad looking clouds. As I drove home, I was watching for lightning but didn't see any. Just as I pulled into the driveway, the rain started coming down - huge drops
Sounds like the weather this morning was alot better than yesterday. I hope the guys are getting in some fishing time today.

Feels like winter is just around the corner.

Jay