PDA

View Full Version : The next 30 days is tops

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-13-2006, 01:54 PM
I hope we can all get out some in the next 30 days.

I think this is some of the best fly fishing of the entire year.

You could go to any of your favorite trout lakes now. They are probably all fishing well. Even these lower elevation large reservoirs with trout and bass eating Threadfin Shad on the top.

Large Mouth Bass are probably on the prowl everywhere they live. The Delta would be a great choice.

Stripers are moving into the Delta right now. Saw some good reports out there for last week. This is a good time for top water in Mildred Island.

Steelhead are in many west coast river right now. The Klamath, Trinity, Rogue, Deschute and North Umpqua are all getting fish now. Locally the lower Feather and lower Sac should be great too.

Right now all the Blue Ribbon trout streams in California are good. I would be looking at the Pit and McCloud. Hat Creek and Fall River rock this time of year. Maybe the East Walker over on the Nevada side? The East Carson too.

After this next 30 days things will cool off making the fly fishing a little less fun for us.

**There are always place to fish in the winter like Pyramid Lake, Eagle Lake, the Delta for Stripers and smaller coastal rivers for winter Steelhead.