PDA

View Full Version : American or Yuba

Matt Frey
10-09-2006, 01:16 PM
Hey Guys,
A while back as a gift to me my girl friend arranged for me and a friend to go on a guided float trip on October 28th. We were suppossed to float on the Middle Fork of the American, but I was just informed that the flows have changed and now this trip cannot happen. The guide has now given me two options on where to fish on October 28th. Either the American or the Yuba. I have never been on a float trip on either of these rivers so I was hoping for some advice from this knowledgeable board. I look forward to hearing your opinions.
Thanks,
Matt

Adam Grace
10-09-2006, 02:40 PM
Neither river is fishing great right now but I would choose the Yuba. You have the possibilty of cathing a steelhead or two along with trout on the Yuba. The American doesn't really start fishing well until December and January for adult steelhead. The reports about the American posted on this board make me believe that the fishing for half-pounder is not very good. With the salmon coming up the Yuba the egg bite might just be starting!

bigtj
10-09-2006, 04:20 PM
If the fishing isn't what you booked the trip for you could also ask for the deposit back or re-schedule the trip. Even though it was a gift a reputable guide won't make you do a trip you didn't sign up for. Something to consider if you aren't getting what you want.

Best,

-John

Matt Frey
10-10-2006, 11:22 AM
Thanks. The guide was willing to either give a refund, reschedule or change venue, but I am eager to go fishing so I chose the Yuba on Adam's advice. I will let you guys know how it pans out.
Thanks again.