PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Paradise

SteveWright
10-06-2006, 12:04 AM
Hello to all. Looks like you have a great website here. I live in Paradise, near Chico (seems like there are a few Chico people on this site). I am looking forward to being involved in this forum. I have participated on other fly fishing and related forums, but it is nice to see one that is more local. As far as introductions, I teach 2nd grade up here in Paradise which leaves plenty of time for fly fishing, fly tying and most recently rod building. My preference in fly fishing lately has been exploring the small streams in the area, though, I keep telling myself I need to give this steelhead thing a fair shake. Well, that's it for now. Looking forward participating.

alaskanfish
10-06-2006, 12:09 AM
All this time I though I lived in Paradise????? This is a great forum with extremely knowlegable and willing participants. enjoy

Adam Grace
10-06-2006, 01:36 AM
Welcome Steve! I like Paradise (right up the hill from here in Chico), what a nice little foothill town. You live pretty close to the Feather River, you should try catching some of it's steelhead.

Hairstacker
10-06-2006, 03:29 AM
Welcome aboard Steve! I hear you about spending time on your local streams and thinking about steelhead. I live so close to the Delta that I often think I should be trying something else too. Hopefully with yours and Darian's interest in rod building, we'll have more discussions on that topic, as I've just started getting into it too. 8)

Sturmer White
10-06-2006, 01:24 PM
Hairstacker
Go to gbflycastres.org and hit LEADER which is our monthly news letter.Then go to page16 for rod building information. You wiil have to go to the arcives for each months post to cover everything.
I just completed two new rods this week.I broke my 9 weight on a striper about 3 pounds last week. I think I must have bumped the rod on something to fracture it earlier. I now have two new 9 weights.
Stay healthy and happy.