PDA

View Full Version : Damn salmon

OregonSalmon
10-01-2006, 06:51 AM
I have always heard the theory that salmon strike out of anger. The fish in the Necanicum seem to have all taken an anger management course and are quite happy to swim upstream and sin before I can get a hook in them. The rat 'bhastards have turned the table on me and have caused me to be the angry one in the relationship. Outhunk' again by the small brain pan.
Unwilling to let this go on, and since I had almost put out a guy's eye out on a Seaside sidewalk with a fly thus leading me to the mudflats where I seemed to have a "sinking" feeling, I went to extreme measures: spoons. No not the lure for I still have a tenuous grip on fishing dignity; I decided to play the instrument spoons on the bank of the estuary. The fishermen hate it but the fish seem too like it for they roll like the belly of doughnut shop worker.
Hopefully the domic acid level will be low enough to clam by this Thursday since the salmon across the street have no interest in being a part of the food chain. The salmon are as uncooperative as the fishermen who toss my spoons into the river and I ask for a ride to the store.
The more serious note: plenty of fish on the north Oregon coast, and if the weather holds for the next two-three weeks fishing could be great. Never a bad idea to flee north from California plus the added bonus of salmon and my rendition of "Sugar Magnolia" on the spoons. Pure magic.

Ed Wahl
10-01-2006, 10:25 AM
Soon as I get that pesky"making a living" thing worked out I'm headed up. :D

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-01-2006, 12:52 PM
Hey Geller

Are the berries ripe up that way?

Lots of black berries and wild grapes on the Klamath now.

Apples are ripe on the Klamath now too.

OregonSalmon
10-02-2006, 07:15 PM
The berries are ripe, the salmon are silver, the crabs are filling, the chantrelles are waiting for rain but the damn clams have been filtering too much domic acid. Those clams have to clean up their act.
Just an hour ago my buddy caught a silver across the street. He will remain nameless since they cannot be retained and the fish is residing in his fridge and soon his stomach. It is lawless out here!!!