PDA

View Full Version : 10th Annual Striperfest on Saturday, November 4th, 2006

Bill Kiene semi-retired
09-30-2006, 12:51 PM
I hope everyone had a wonderful summer fishing for Shad, Trout, Bass and the rest, but with the winds we had last week and the chill in the air this morning, you can’t help but think about the fall…and Striper fishing in the Delta. Add to that the post below of the recent adventures of Charlie Bisharat and KD with big fat moes slamming Charlie’s monster surface flies, and you’ve got yourself a full blown case of strep throat – gee boss, I’m really contagious.

I am delighted to announce the 2006 WWW.DanBlanton.Com Bulletin Board Striperfest and BBQ is upon us. Please mark your calendars for Saturday, November 4th, 2006. The event will be held on the top deck of the Sugar Barge (the new restaurant is called Paradise Bar & Grill) on Bethel Island and will commence at 4 p.m. The cost will be $25.00 per person. The fine folks at the Paradise Bar & Grill will be preparing a mouth-watering buffet including ribs, charbroiled chicken, tri tip, beans and all the extras.

This event was founded in 1997 to acknowledge Dan Blanton for all his contributions to fly fishing as well as a thank you for establishing this fine bulletin board. Additionally, this event is to acknowledge all of you for contributing to Dan’s board and providing such terrific source of valuable fly-fishing information.

The charity for the event will again be the Bay/Delta Conservation Committee of the Northern California Council of the Federation of Fly Fishers.

Please stay tuned for further updates from Andy Skrivanich regarding the fantastic Striperfest Raffle. Thank you to all the generous folks who provide the high quality fly fishing product that makes this raffle such a success. The rods, reels, gear and of course the highly coveted packages of flies produced by some of the fly fishing industries most creative and skilled tiers make this a spectacular win/win deal. The prices are $20.00 for 1 ticket, $100.00 for 6, $200.00 for 15 and $500.00 for 40.

If you plan on attending, please attach your full name to this thread and your fishing partners full name. Also, please indicate if you have room in your boat for a guest or if you are looking to share a ride. Should you have any questions, please feel free to email me at matt@aguerhavelock.com.

I look forward to hearing from all of you who have attended in the past and hopefully many more who may be attending for the first time. See you November 4th.

Matt Havelock