PDA

View Full Version : Powell Rod Repair Question

BSD
09-25-2006, 01:42 PM
Hi Folks,

I have a Powell rod that recently broke on a trip. Has anyone had any experience getting replacement or repairs from Powell? I sent them an inquiry on Wednesday 9/20 and have not heard from them. This is an older rod and they no longer make it, how would a repair/replacement work for this? The rod cracked about 12 inches from the tip, is a repair for this type of damage even possible or worth it?

Anyone have any advice? The rod was a Powell Light Touch LT9045 or LT4590, don't have it in frount of me at the moment.

Thanks.

Katz
09-25-2006, 01:56 PM
Try calling the Chico Fly Shop. Mr. Powell used to own that shop and the new owners may be able to get you some good info.

(530)345-9983

Good luck.

Kraig

Darian
09-25-2006, 02:08 PM
my experience with E-mails to companies using their Customer Service contact address is that they uniformly ignore the notes. This seems to be a universal problem with all tyoes of companies. I've only had success using their telephone numbers. :? :? :?

Bring up the Powell Co., website, get a telephone number and call 'em, direct. They should be able to help without too much delay. 8)

Good luck :D :D

chicoflyguy
09-28-2006, 01:08 PM
Call the Chico Fly Shop. I am pretty sure the new guy that owns powell doesnt even have any of the old stuff to send you a new one. Larry at the fly shop knows more about fly rods than anyone you will ever meet and he will charge you but if anyone can fix it he can.

SteveWright
10-05-2006, 11:58 PM
You should contact Raptor Rod works in Chico. http://www.raptorrodworks.com Jim Clarkson used to work for Powell when it was in Chico and was really Powell's. He is a great guy to work with. He also has some older Powell blanks and may even have the replacement parts you need. Either him or the guys at Chico Fly Shop (formerly Powells) would be the ones to help you and they are all great guys and will steer you in the right direction. Hope you can get it fixed.