PDA

View Full Version : British Columbia steelhead video

PatrickM
09-20-2006, 03:17 PM
A friend of mine recently went on a trip in British Columbia where they camped on the banks of a river. I think Anne Vitale may have been on the same trip? Anyhow, he put together a pretty cool video, so I thought I'd share it with you guys. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSkSXg_r-As

ps You can click on the button below the right corner of the video to view it full screen.

Jasonh
09-20-2006, 09:54 PM
Cool video. I especially liked the part when the guy had a steelhead close to shore and then it just takes off like a rocket towards the middle of the river and does a little tail dance. Good stuff!

Jason Hartwick

Bill Kiene semi-retired
09-21-2006, 12:12 AM
We have a group hosted by our Andy Guibord heading up to the Nicholas Dean Lodge in BC this coming Sunday.

slim
09-21-2006, 06:51 PM
SWEET Video-I'll get there.......one day.

Anne Vitale
09-22-2006, 04:26 PM
EAT YOUR HEART OUT GUYS :D :D ..... that "Guy" with the dancing steelhead was me and that was the Copper River a couple of weeks back. I must admit seeing it through the eyes of my fishing buddy...including seeing that bear again--gave me a thrill. You might be interested to know, I landed that chrome bright beauty. She was as wild a steelhead as I have ever caught. Probably ran about 15 lbs. I can still see her dancing straight across the river.

You might notice too that I was spey casting right up along a cliff behind me. The spot was only accessible by drift boat and I couldn't have fished from there with a one hander. :cool: All those lessons are now paying off.

Adam Grace
09-22-2006, 04:29 PM
Very cool Anne, Congratulations on an awesome trip!

Katz
09-22-2006, 05:00 PM
What a fish to have on film.

I still have memories of fish like that from several years ago on the feather. Porpoised across the river like a bullet and them immediately turned around are came right back porpoising again. I can still see the 180 degree turn in the dry line behind the fish as it cartwheeled coming right back at me, and threw the hook. :)

Has to be among the best 10 seconds of fishing in my life. That's what gets you going back again and again.

Congrats!

Kraig

Hairstacker
09-22-2006, 11:16 PM
Anne, that was awesome!! Even better knowing you landed her. 8) 8) 8)