PDA

View Full Version : What is the strangest thing you have seen

Campbell
09-13-2006, 01:49 AM
I had only been married for 3 weeks and had only been home from a 2 week honeymoon in Hawaii for 1 week when I called up my youngest brother whom was only 18 years old at the time and asked if he wanted to join me for a day on Cherry Creek. We always made at least one trek each year up to Cherry Creek just up stream a ways from the T. River. Not only does this stretch of the Creek have very good dry fly action but because of its remote location, tricky hiking, poison oak, and rattle snakes, not to many people make the trip. I had decided to take my hunting partner, a 3 year old yellow lab, with me as well. We got to the Creek at about 9:00 in the morning and made our way down to the Creek. My brother was in the midst of changing from spin fishing to fly fishing and I had my Lab "Buddy" with me so I told him to go on ahead and I would fish a ways behind him. I fished the lower end of the creek and waited for him to get a ways ahead of me before I started up the creek after him. Buddy and I were fishing slow and doing quite well. I had gone about half a mile up stream when I noticed a group of 4 people watching me from the bridge. I kept fishing and noticed that they were now making their way down to the creek. I decided to cross over to the opposite bank and continue up after my brother, whom had now disapeared around the bend. Now these 4 (3 young ladies and 1 young man) had caught up me on the opposite side of the creek when I ran across a good sized rattle snake. I backtracked away from the snake and noticed that these 4 were starting to make their way across the creek towards where the snake had been. I called ahead to them to warn them and they backtracked as well. I then was able to get far enough ahead of them to do some more fishing when I hear 2 of the girls yelling to me and coming my way. What happened next is the strangest thing I have ever seen while fishing!! Both girls, in their early to mid 20's and in VERY good shape were BUCK NAKED!! I froze in amazement. Was I really seeing what I thought I was seeing? They walked right up to me, introduced themselves, gave Buddy a good pet and asked if I knew of any waterfalls in the area. I said "Ugh Ugh, yeah, Ugh, up about half a mile." They asked "Is it a waterfall we can sit under and play around in?" "Ugh Ugh Yeah" I pointed them in the right direction (the direction of my younger, unmarried brother!!) and off they went. I didn't dare go up stream any further for fear that I may not pass this test for a second time of which I knew the marriage gods (devils) were giving me. When I meet up with my brother about 1 hour later I asked him;

Did you see those "hot chicks"?
Yeah.
What!! Just Yeah?
Yes, I saw them!
Did they have their clothes on?
Yeah off course why?

I told him what had happened, what I had seen. To this day, 5 years later, he does not fish without being in full view of me.

So, What is the strangest thing you guys seen?

mems
09-13-2006, 03:26 AM
Aloha funny story, it reminds me of an event I experienced in college here in Hawaii.
One day I was at Hapuna. I was swimming in a natural pond at the north end of the beach. The waves push the water in and the level rises. I was sittting in there when two cute girls, who went to my college came into the pool with me. The took off their tops and asked me if I would hold them as the waves lifted them up and down. I of course said, "sure!" Well there I was in heaven holding these two young nubile cali girls and thinking this might just get a whole lot better. I was enjoying their perky breasts and the sway of the waves, when two other guys from our college come to the pond and drop trousers and jump in the pond. The girls promptly said thanks and put their tops on and left. I looked at the guys in the most disgusted manner I could muster and said, "Thanks for blowing my fantasy, and if you think I am going to hold you two your nuts!" I promptly left the pond and went back surfing. Mems.

Darian
09-13-2006, 03:49 PM
Hmmmm,.... I'm assumming that this isn't limited to fishing. :? :? Among sevearl really strange things I've seen, only one immediately comes to mind. :)

In 1963, I was attending a training session at the district office in Pasadena, CA. The daily commute required that I drive approximately 30 miles, each day; partially on the Pasadena Freeway. 8) One morning, while travelling on that freeway at 70 mph, I looked over to see a tire and wheel pass me at around 80 mph in the right lane without a vehicle attached. :shock: :shock:

I didn't see where the wheel came from but it proceeded to exit the freeway on an off-ramp; out of sight. :? :? :? Fortunately, no obvious accidents on the freeway but I never found out if the wheel caused any problems on exit. :? :?

Damned'st thing I ever saw.... :roll: :roll:

Campbell
09-13-2006, 03:55 PM
I was just really wondering what strange things you have all seen while doing this activity that we all love. Fishing. But hey if you would like to share your crazy stories it makes for a much better work day reading some of them.

gryhackl
09-13-2006, 05:59 PM
Campbell
Check out the following item on the General Fly Fishing page.

Posting Photos On Kiene Message Board - Instructions

Tracy Chimenti
09-16-2006, 01:24 AM
i was up around Washington (town), fishing the Yuba River in hippy country. I was walking up the rocky gorge that drains from (I believe) Bowman Lake, when I came upon two nude, frolicking femms, flailing flirtaciously in a deep pool. As I passed the hole I waved and went on my way. They waved back and as I passed down the trail I could look back and see a naked hippy standing on a rock in front of the women, previously obscured. well, he was obvisouly a boy friend to both. He looked like he was stripping a leach, but the pole was much too short... the girls just screamed with glee and continued to play.

Then there was the early morning I passed a car with "just married" painted on the rear window on my way to fish the Truckee River near the old mill. I was in a rush to get to the water and was busting through the willow thickets with all the zeal of a water buffalo and damn near fell right onto the naked couple rolling around in the grass... I mean I damn near stepped on them! I turned around and headed due south, straight across the river. They never stopped. I could hear them all the way across.

Many more, but for carnal reasons, these are two I remember most!

Tracy

Darian
09-16-2006, 01:54 AM
Maybe he was just strippin'..... a leach :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chris V
09-20-2006, 07:29 PM
While fishing the North Fork one day several years ago, Nightgoat & I came around a corner to find a young couple in an extremely compromized position. :shock: I think all four of us were VERY suprised! :D

The girl managed to pull up her shorts & get her shirt back on, but all the guy could do was jump into the (cold) water in the middle of the river and take a seat. :D Pretty funny.