PDA

View Full Version : ponds around Fairfield

fishbonz
09-04-2006, 06:11 PM
Hello,

anyone familiar with the Fairfield area? I'll be staying near where highway 80 and 12 meet, and looking for suggestions of ponds to fish, either walking or from float tube. I'd appreciate any suggestions and input about a pond or two in the area. thanks.

ced

SteelieD
09-05-2006, 12:00 AM
If you're not dead set on ponds... Putah Creek is very close.

www.putahcreekflyfishing.com

Good luck.

lee s.
09-05-2006, 12:39 AM
How long you staying and how far you wanna travel? :wink: Ya wanna keep it freshwater or are you interested in some bigger saltier fish? :roll:
Warmwater or cold?
....lee s.

Tony Buzolich
09-05-2006, 01:42 AM
Hi Fish,

If you head west from Fairfield to Cordelia and take the Green Valley Rd. north past Solano Collage, you'll come to a large intersection ( I think this is Mankus Corners) Turn left here and head west up the hill to the top. There is a small park up there that has a nice pond full of bluegills and such. You'll have to walk in a ways but it's nice and has great views of Green Valley and the marsch along Hwy.680.

There are a lot more small ponds in the area but you'll need a topo map to track them down.

Good Luck, and say Hi to Doc Cedar if you see him up there. He's there a lot.
Tony

fishbonz
09-05-2006, 11:09 AM
I was going there on Friday and returning saturday. I was going to fish Friday eve, Sat AM, and a few hours in the afternoon. I was hoping to find a pond with bass in it.

(I debated about Putah, but don't want to mess around cleaning NZ mud snails off my waders and boots..... ;-) )

ced.